Carney Set To Be Named Gold Coast's 3rd Signing 

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Carney Set To Be Named...

Post by mrs_carney »

yeah, wait another 12months to say that he aint going anywhere yet.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

PorterjohLam posted:
Goodbye and Good goddamn riddance. You've strung us along for too long. Forget you, you suck.
Thats a bit out of order.

Can you say the same for Faz then he strung us along for a while. At least BC will be here next season and i respect him for that. Hes been honest not like Faz and maybe Rads.

Well so much for local loyalty then.

Same as with Liverpool the 2 players to do the big time dirty with them were McManann and Owen both Youths at the club well paid and left when a better pay day came along. Faz is in the same category as these 2 and Rads is on hiw way in becoming another disloyal who has been looked after by the club.

Yes i kinow Rads has not confirmed anything then again he has not denied anything either. Which is cowardly at best.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Next years first choice back line will probably be Richards, Dallas, DV, ?, Carney.

I personally think Carney will come good next year. I agree he has been awful since his comeback, but these injuries take months of regular playing to fully overcome. DV is evidence of that. Also, I'm sure his pride would not let him leave with a whimper.

I'm happy with this starting backline as long as the gap is filled by a new signing (Reardon or Pryce?) and not Aspy or Wild.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Next years first choice back line will probably be Richards, Dallas, DV, ?, Carney.

I personally think Carney will come good next year. I agree he has been awful since his comeback, but these injuries take months of regular playing to fully overcome. DV is evidence of that. Also, I'm sure his pride would not let him leave with a whimper.

I'm happy with this starting backline as long as the gap is filled by a new signing (Reardon or Pryce?) and not Aspy or Wild.
Put Reardon in their if Rads goes and we have a good backline.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Apparantly pryce is saints bound.

What i dont get is some people can be saying the sun shines out of certain players bums one year and the next they're the worst thing on the planet. Carney, Orr, Aspinwall to name three.
Brian's move doesnt bother me, he's been honest with wigan and with the fans and not hid the fact he was going to australia. Faz and Rads have served the club for over ten years each, so obviously this gives them the right to stab wigan in the back and lie, string us along and then mid season naff off to union. Faz's move wouldnt have been as awful had we not lost o'loughlin, whereas rads we're pretty stuck for resources.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
heydude

Post by heydude »

jinkin jimmy posted:

no don't want pryce too much of a dirty player would rather have reardon but isn't he warrington bound.
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

heydude posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

no don't want pryce too much of a dirty player would rather have reardon but isn't he warrington bound.
Don't really care how dirty he is!! I'm not a big Pryce fan, but then again I'm not an Aspy or Wild fan either!!

One thing's for certain - Pryce is a walk in for the GB squad and will be for years. I know Wild made it last year but is now a shadow of that player, whereas Aspy's only GB experience will come when he buys a ticket like the rest of us.
heydude

Post by heydude »

jinkin jimmy posted:
heydude posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

Don't really care how dirty he is!! I'm not a big Pryce fan, but then again I'm not an Aspy or Wild fan either!!

One thing's for certain - Pryce is a walk in for the GB squad and will be for years. I know Wild made it last year but is now a shadow of that player, whereas Aspy's only GB experience will come when he buys a ticket like the rest of us.
too true jimmy but don't you think we've got enough players at the moment that give penalities away. :D
don't eat yellow snow
superleague

Post by superleague »

penalities.....ye especially seu seu scully newton
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Sad to see Brian go, on his day the best winger in the world and a very likeable chap. Unfortunately, those days either happen in a GB shirt or 2 years ago. I'd like a massive finish from him this season and then see him replaced with a very exciting young player worthy of the Wigan shirt (again, in case anyone with clout reads these pages I'll float the name of Marcel Garvey from rugby union, who I think is a League star waiting to happen)

As regards other new signings, I'm afraid most of the people I rate are either too expensive, unlikely to come here or probably going to Union as well but this is where Millward will earn his corn with a hopefully Arsene Wenger like skill at plucking gems from his native market place, we need a real shake up of this squad for next season as you have all rightly said