Re: Hardaker statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Sadly in life some people can not be helped.Better to get rid now so as to prepare for next season.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

As others have said...I am not defending the lads actions, I was hoping to see him at his best for us next season, but compare this incident to that of Ant (of Dec), he crashed into someone and caused injury AAAAND had a child in their car, yet people defended his actions by saying he was stressed this and pressure that!!

I don’t understand how a professional sportsman on a decent wage can’t afford an MOT at least, other clubs have brought in ‘problem’ players and when they start performing/scoring trys/bringing in silverware it’s funny how a lot of fans seem to forget their past.

I’m in two minds about this situation, maybe he could hire ‘Mr Loophole’ who got that tit Beckham off his penalty?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

6742hitch wrote:As others have said...I am not defending the lads actions, I was hoping to see him at his best for us next season, but compare this incident to that of Ant (of Dec), he crashed into someone and caused injury AAAAND had a child in their car, yet people defended his actions by saying he was stressed this and pressure that!!

I don’t understand how a professional sportsman on a decent wage can’t afford an MOT at least, other clubs have brought in ‘problem’ players and when they start performing/scoring trys/bringing in silverware it’s funny how a lot of fans seem to forget their past.

I’m in two minds about this situation, maybe he could hire ‘Mr Loophole’ who got that tit Beckham off his penalty?
But Beckham did get caught speeding. Which makes a mockery of the law.

ZH should accept his guilt and get himself sorted.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ddtftf wrote:The club must take some flack for letting him drive 140 miles a day to training and must have known the situation with his car, once he was training with the club he should have lived in the area. Feel that he has just had his last chance and better off gone . :blush: :blush:

Could be a Guinness Book of records the only player signed for the club who never played .
wally lewis signed for us and never played
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

6742hitch wrote:As others have said...I am not defending the lads actions, I was hoping to see him at his best for us next season, but compare this incident to that of Ant (of Dec), he crashed into someone and caused injury AAAAND had a child in their car, yet people defended his actions by saying he was stressed this and pressure that!!
That is because for some insane reason people accord celebrities the kind of leeway that would never be given to ordinary people.

I can't remember how Beckham got off but it seems pretty clear the Hardaker case is open and shut on all three counts. The only way out would seem to be via technicalities and I can't see Wigan fronting the cost of a lawyer to argue that if possible nor necessarily wanting to be seen to be assisting a player to avoid the consequences of his actions. Can't see Hardaker being able to afford it himself ether.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Greg Inglis was caught drink driving and has been stripped of the Kangaroos captaincy and stood down for a couple of test matches. Not seen any suggestion he be sacked though. I appreciate that his record and Zak’s are very different of course.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ancientnloyal wrote:Is he thick?
He's from Yorkshire!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote:
That is because for some insane reason people accord celebrities the kind of leeway that would never be given to ordinary people.

I can't remember how Beckham got off but it seems pretty clear the Hardaker case is open and shut on all three counts. The only way out would seem to be via technicalities and I can't see Wigan fronting the cost of a lawyer to argue that if possible nor necessarily wanting to be seen to be assisting a player to avoid the consequences of his actions. Can't see Hardaker being able to afford it himself ether.

The paperwork came through a day late, he admitted being 19 over the speed limit but couldnt be charged because he didnt get the notice in time. Was a complete joke and makes a farce of the legal system.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Primrose 'n' Blue

Post by Primrose 'n' Blue »

morley pie eater wrote:
He's from Yorkshire!
That's not nice :(
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Primrose 'n' Blue wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
He's from Yorkshire!
That's not nice :(
Sorry - I couldn't resist! To be fair, some of my favourite Wigan players have been Yorkshiremen: Bill Francis, Henderson Gill, Kelvin Skerrett,John Bateman and Ellery Hanley, to name just a few. On the other hand, Gary Stevens wouldn't make the list.

Also in my defence, it is a Yorkshire boast that they're "strong in the arm and thick in the head" :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐