Re: Hardaker statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Is he thick?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: I am not defending Hardaker at all - for what it’s worth I would have got rid of Flower, Bateman after his assault and Tomkins after he injured himself while on the lash. I would get rid of Hardaker now, and thought the club was right to get rid of Joel. If someone wants to make an argument on behavioural grounds that Hardaker should go, that’s one thing. As long as they then condemn other disgraceful off field behaviour of others.
I think the only person you have a case for here is bateman

Flowers incident was a flashpoint on the pitch, it deserved a long ban which it got but at the end of the day it was a flash point on the pitch

Sam injuring himself while on the lash?, yeah its not professional but players are entitled to a life if they get drunk and injure themselves youd maybe dock them wages but again that type of thing could happen to you or i (unless you dont drink) If i broke my hand while a bit drunk i wouldnt expect to be sacked by my employer

Batemans incident was serious however to my knowledge it was a first offence and he wasnt the only party involved

Zak has a huge wrap sheet already and he drives a car that isnt insured or MOT'd under the influence that could lead to peoples death.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike1993

Post by Mike1993 »

I was one of those people who when we signed him said let's give him a chance and see if he can come good for us, well he's blown his chance now and we should just get rid. He has all the talent in the world but time and time again he ruins it with his stupidity. When he was signed Lenagan said this was his last chance and he's blown it before he's even pulled on a Wigan shirt.

After the whole Joel Tomkins incident Wigan have no option but to get rid of Hardaker too in my opinion.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Get rid of him before he costs us a final like he did with tigers
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote: I am not defending Hardaker at all - for what it’s worth I would have got rid of Flower, Bateman after his assault and Tomkins after he injured himself while on the lash. I would get rid of Hardaker now, and thought the club was right to get rid of Joel. If someone wants to make an argument on behavioural grounds that Hardaker should go, that’s one thing. As long as they then condemn other disgraceful off field behaviour of others.
I think the only person you have a case for here is bateman

Flowers incident was a flashpoint on the pitch, it deserved a long ban which it got but at the end of the day it was a flash point on the pitch

Sam injuring himself while on the lash?, yeah its not professional but players are entitled to a life if they get drunk and injure themselves youd maybe dock them wages but again that type of thing could happen to you or i (unless you dont drink) If i broke my hand while a bit drunk i wouldnt expect to be sacked by my employer

Batemans incident was serious however to my knowledge it was a first offence and he wasnt the only party involved

Zak has a huge wrap sheet already and he drives a car that isnt insured or MOT'd under the influence that could lead to peoples death.

ZH should not be sacked for drink driving its an idiot and dangerous thing to do. Driving with no MOT and Insurance well that is just plain dumb and I hope he gets a massive fine and is forced by IL and KR to attend AA meetings with one of the coaches in attendance with him. If he refuses then the club has every right legally to fire him. Club has to be shown to be supporting him and he has to be showing them he is willing to change. Drink driving should be life ban. With so many doing it its about time the law was changed and life bans starting for any level over the legal limit. And the legal limit needs changing to zero.

Did anyone in the club go to the police or any one else regarding the incident if it is as bad as mentioned here hitting someone on the head can have severe consequences just as drink driving has. Regarless of who did what or what was said you just do not use violence to sort out anything unless its on the pitch. This is actually just as bad as what ZH has done. First offence or not what he did whilst drunk could have had very serious consequences.

As for ST well that is not his first time off the field incident keeping him from playing for us. Did he not get injured days before we played Leeds Rhinos at home in a semi final and he was rumoured on here to be injured whilst shooting something for Sky with Wiggins. We lost that game in the last minutes when Murphy dropped a bomb. You mention ZH losing us a GF then that injury did and if I am correct and the info I have is from here then he should not have been doing that.

ZH has 6 months to sort his life out as i can see Edwards not allowing it to carry on. Though Lam is in charge Edwards will still call the shots. Otherwise ZH will be the new Hock. Great ability in all departments apsrt from his head.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I trust IFL to make the right call in the interest of the club and Zak Hardaker. IFL has an history of doing the right thing e.g. Hock and Batty.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

I think its a sad that people are defending him i just hope that no-one here ever has a family member hurt by a drink driver

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Promoted by Hyundai His agent, Craig Harrison, hopes he is given the chance to repay Wigan’s faith in him - and has urged Hardaker to give up alcohol during the season.

“I hope if he stays at Wigan, Zak - within the season - needs to leave the beer alone,” Harrison told Full Eighty Minutes, on Proper Sport. “Because every single thing has been related to him having a drink. And that’s been from him being 19 years old. I’ve never heard Zak ever, ever get in trouble other than starting with, ‘I went out for a drink’.

Read more at: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9370754
ok

1) he isnt in season now

2) if you think drink leads to his issues then surely he should pack it in altogether beacuse he clearly can get in same amounts of trouble out of season see point 1

3) how many had he had before abusing James Childs during a match?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Promoted by Hyundai His agent, Craig Harrison, hopes he is given the chance to repay Wigan’s faith in him - and has urged Hardaker to give up alcohol during the season.

His agent should be telling him to seek support and stop drinking. But his agent is only after the 10%.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Having read another thread on another site, I wonder whether we can sack him even if we want to if he is not our player or employee. I feel I should know the answer to that, but I can’t work it out...