Hardaker: should Wigan release him now?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Hardaker: should Wigan release him now?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Vote poll
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wiganer Ted

Re: Hardaker: should Wigan release him now?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Not until he's been to court.
If he's found not guilty then nothing much should change.
Although if he's found guilty or admits guilt then everything will probably change.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Agree Ted Although it doesn’t look good to be proper you’d assume we would wait for a conviction.

But this also says a lot about the player himself and his ways... obviously there are still issues despite this chance with Wigan.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Playing devils advocate here..

At the moment he’s been utterly stupid but it’s drink driving,thankfully he didn’t injure himself or anyone does it set a precedent if Wigan did cancel his contract,you can’t have one rule for it’s all or nothing,what would the outcry be like if the same happened to an established Wigan star?

I suspect it’s as easy as just getting rid.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Not until he's been to court.
Although if he's found guilty or admits guilt then everything will probably change.
Ted, Ted, Ted,

Zac was on his way to work (training at Wigan) and in the process driving a car past a police check point that would have flagged him up as "no insurance". Police stop him. Run a check and find out the car has no mot and probably because he smells of beer or is stumbling his words decide to breath test him and he fails that test. He will be tested again to see if the alcohol limit is rising or going down (to see if he has just consumed the alcohol) and at that point he is a drunk driver if he fails that second test

Zac cannot "plead" one way or another as this will not go to Crown Court etc so no jury to plea bargain with

He failed the breath test - yes
He had no insurance - yes
He had no mot - yes

So how can he claim he is somehow "not guilty" of anything?

Courts will NOT sentence him to jail, bans, fines and points (plus car taken off him). Possible sacking and a move to union next for him
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:Not until he's been to court.
Ted, Ted, Ted,

Zac was on his way to work (training at Wigan) and in the process driving a car past a police check point that would have flagged him up as "no insurance". Police stop him. Run a check and find out the car has no mot and probably because he smells of beer or is stumbling his words decide to breath test him and he fails that test. He will be tested again to see if the alcohol limit is rising or going down (to see if he has just consumed the alcohol) and at that point he is a drunk driver if he fails that second test

Zac cannot "plead" one way or another as this will not go to Crown Court etc so no jury to plea bargain with

He failed the breath test - yes
He had no insurance - yes
He had no mot - yes

So how can he claim he is somehow "not guilty" of anything?

Courts will NOT sentence him to jail, bans, fines and points (plus car taken off him). Possible sacking and a move to union next for him
every stop is tested for alcohol I think these days
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Was it his car?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

If this were a "normal" member of our playing staff I think I would argue that it was a non RL incident that needed no club action- let the law sort it out.

However, this is Zak Hardaker, and sadly this is not the first time something like this has happened (nor, and more importantly, likely to be the last).

For me it shows the guy is either:

1. Thick as two short planks
2. Arrogant beyond belief.

Either way he has to go imo. Which incidently is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play next year.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wintergreen wrote:If this were a "normal" member of our playing staff I think I would argue that it was a non RL incident that needed no club action- let the law sort it out.

However, this is Zak Hardaker, and sadly this is not the first time something like this has happened (nor, and more importantly, likely to be the last).

For me it shows the guy is either:

1. Thick as two short planks
2. Arrogant beyond belief.

Either way he has to go imo. Which incidently is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play next year.
bang on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE