Squad Rethink 2019

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billy's pineapple ring

Squad Rethink 2019

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

In view of the latest Zak incident and the rumour that Hastings is staying at Salford, what are your feelings on the following;

Fire Zak and sell TT to Wire as previously rumoured, this would give us plenty cash saved on Hastings, Zaks and TT's contract. Move Sarge to 1 instead of Zak, replace TT with Iki from Hudds,sign Inu to play Right Centre instead of Sarge allowing Gilly to play left, and sign Mellor instead of Hastings, at least he has proven Super League quality even in a poor side, plays mainly on the right, and is unlikely to get homesick or leg it to Oz at the end of the season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Squad Rethink 2019

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not for me Billy. I still want Zak and Jackson but if Zak has to go then Lachlan Coote.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Not for me Billy. I still want Zak and Jackson but if Zak has to go then Lachlan Coote.
Coote was Announced as a Saints player at lunchtime today.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t see how Salford could afford Hastings he must have been on silly money for the few games he came over for?
shaunedwardsfanclub

bertina wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Not for me Billy. I still want Zak and Jackson but if Zak has to go then Lachlan Coote.
Coote was Announced as a Saints player at lunchtime today.
Cheers mate, good signing for Saints. I think we will stick with Zak.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If we sack Zak we have Escare who hasnt let us down yet and is a brilliant attacking threat.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Caboosegg wrote:If we sack Zak we have Escare who hasnt let us down yet and is a brilliant attacking threat.
My view is they are a class apart. Morgan was poor tonight.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Escare is usefull coming off the bench when the opposition are tiring but is not good enough in defence to be the regular full back.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:If we sack Zak we have Escare who hasnt let us down yet and is a brilliant attacking threat.
My view is they are a class apart. Morgan was poor tonight.
Good going forward but plenty to work on in defence,the Marty Bowen comparison is a fair one,he’s for me much more effective coming off the bench but as regular fullback I’d have reservations to be honest
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I Zak gets the boot move Sargison to full back don't forget we Hankinson for centre keep Morgan on the bench