Wigan Warriors v Catalan Dragons at Nou Camp

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors v Catalan Dragons at Nou Camp

Post by josie andrews »

A date has been mentioned for Saturday 8th June.

I've also heard that this will be classed as Wigan's "On the Road Home Game!"
I thought the club wasn't doing this next year?

I don't know how true either of these statements are BTW!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
benjamaphone

Re: Wigan Warriors v Catalan Dragons at Nou Camp

Post by benjamaphone »

Would've assumed this would be Catalans' 'home' game as it was their idea but who knows!

It seems to be the cheaper weekend for flights out of the ones I'd seen suggested so that's not terrible - though it's still not a bargain trip by any means.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I also heard this over the weekend. Catalans are keen on the match taking place but not keen on losing a home game against a team who usually take a lot of fans. Also Catalans tours are not too happy.

So up pops IL who offers it as a Wigan home game, most fans are season ticket holders so that money isn't lost. Plus Cats at home doesn't attract many extra fans.

So its a win-win for all except season ticket holders, funny how things like this pop up just as I'm about to renew.
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

I haven't heard/seen anything suggesting IL has said this will be a home game played away, but if it is true, I will be disgusted. It was made clear that they wouldn't be doing this again this year. I have already renewed my season ticket - so if he does move the game, I wonder if I will get a refund - especially as I won't be able to travel on the date being mentioned? I doubt it somehow.... I am just left hoping this rumour has no substance.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PAB721 wrote:I haven't heard/seen anything suggesting IL has said this will be a home game played away, but if it is true, I will be disgusted. It was made clear that they wouldn't be doing this again this year. I have already renewed my season ticket - so if he does move the game, I wonder if I will get a refund - especially as I won't be able to travel on the date being mentioned? I doubt it somehow.... I am just left hoping this rumour has no substance.
I thought so too!

Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Surely they don't expect Wigan fans to make twp trips to Catalan in 2019? The "Home" fixture in Barcelona and "Away" game in Perpignan.
As appealing as the venues are the money required is substantial.
Too much to ask I reckon.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Surely they don't expect Wigan fans to make twp trips to Catalan in 2019? The "Home" fixture in Barcelona and "Away" game in Perpignan.
As appealing as the venues are the money required is substantial.
Too much to ask I reckon.
And one to Toronto maybe?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

First Try Tickle wrote:
So up pops IL who offers it as a Wigan home game, most fans are season ticket holders so that money isn't lost. Plus Cats at home doesn't attract many extra fans.
Does he? Has IL said this? Link?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

They should refund us the £25 or so if true. Or for those going for free entry. Sadly I’d assume neither if it is an on the road game
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame