Today's rumours

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Today's rumours

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
DaveO posted;
In fact I'd go as far as to say we should break the salary cap and accept whatever points deduction came with it to keep these two.
You're beginning to sound like gimble.
Wigan can't win under the present rules, which all other clubs are abiding by, so change the rules.
Pathetic!!
It is nothing to do with winning but keeping hold of the players we produce.

Wigan went down a road of investing the academy set up and these two players are a product of it. If we can't keep hold of them in the face of competition from RU and the NRL then the system needs to be reviewed.

The NZ people are saying the same thing as they are experiening a player drain to the UK.

I suppose they are pathetic as well are they?

Dave
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

DaveO posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
DaveO posted;
In fact I'd go as far as to say we should break the salary cap and accept whatever points deduction came with it to keep these two.
Wigan can't win under the present rules, which all other clubs are abiding by, so change the rules.
Pathetic!!

Wigan went down a road of investing the academy set up and these two players are a product of it. If we can't keep hold of them in the face of competition from RU and the NRL then the system needs to be reviewed.

The NZ people are saying the same thing as they are experiening a player drain to the UK.

Dave
Yup. Player turnover is well and truely going to be the death of us if we let these go. We should be looking to build arround these guys, letting them learn off the likes of Fletcher etc... working up to becoming a real force again

Its just a rumor i supose, but I will not be 'Happy' if they go! Though I would wish them well if they did...
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

superleague posted:
i doubt hock and lockers wud go because there both wigan lads and hav big futures infront of them at wigan ...... what do u think(anyone)
And they said the same about Faz.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

PorterjohLam posted:
Any updates on the Lam rumour that Binder posted?
Are you joking?

Lam has has retired, not got the legs he used to have and neither will he do full training. Would stupid for him to play.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

robjoenz posted:
PorterjohLam posted:
Are you joking?

Lam has has retired, not got the legs he used to have and neither will he do full training. Would stupid for him to play.
He could stand still all game, but as long as he organised and motivated the lads we would still be a better team.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

DaveO posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
DaveO posted;
Pathetic!!

Dave
All I'm saying is play within the rules. Not go to court, have points deucted or whatever other crazy ideas some have.

Every one is investing in youth. The Wigan area has always produced large number of players and we cannot keep them all, as you have often reminded me when I have brought up the subject of Briscoe!

We're doing it tough - and you want to re-invent the wheel to guarentee success.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Happy Hooker posted;
I will not be 'Happy' if they go!
(Lockers apart)Who exactly.
The youngsters look far from the pick of the bunch!!
antonlevay

Post by antonlevay »

didn't someone from goldcoast say that any british player joining them would be on less money due to there salary cap being more miserly than ours.so if they do leave it won't be for the dosh.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

PorterjohLam posted:
did he not organise the team today?????? sacked my contact :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME