Why is next weeks home match on saturday?????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JIMH

Why is next weeks home match on saturday?????

Post by JIMH »

Im very disapointed to see next weeks match against warrington is on saturday. I guess its due to the match being on sky. I thought the club agreed a couple of seasons ago to keep the home matches on the same day. This was done to help season ticket holders like myself plan around the matches. I am unable to make it to the match on saturday and feel very disapointed that the tie looks like it has been moved to suit the saints v hull match on friday. anyone else an opinion on this?
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
superleague

Re: Why is next weeks home mat...

Post by superleague »

doesnt really bother me......it will mean a bigger crowd COME ON WIGAN
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

JIMH posted:
Im very disapointed to see next weeks match against warrington is on saturday. I guess its due to the match being on sky. I thought the club agreed a couple of seasons ago to keep the home matches on the same day. This was done to help season ticket holders like myself plan around the matches. I am unable to make it to the match on saturday and feel very disapointed that the tie looks like it has been moved to suit the saints v hull match on friday. anyone else an opinion on this?
It is because of Sky. The club moved to Friday to minimise fixture alterations from Sunday's.

So if we are on Sky on Friday we don't have to change but Sky do have a Saturday slot to fill and it is our turm to fill it.

If we still played on Sunday we would be changing fixures much more to either Friday or Saturday.

Dave
JIMH

Re: Why is next weeks home...

Post by JIMH »

i dont understand how it will mean a bigeer crowd, granted warrington will bring a good nimber hoping to see them turn us over but surely im not the only one who counts on all our home games being on the same night. im sure i remember it causing smaller crowds a few years back when we didnt know what day our matches were going to be on, i remember the games swapping every week to accomodate sky.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Good news for me, think I might fly up for that one. This being rubbish lark certainly adds a bit of spice to the season, when was a game with the Lobby Gobblers ever that important before?
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I prefer Friday night matches cos it's a nice way for me to end a week at dreaded college, but I don't mind the odd Saturday fixture. Looking forward to next week! Rugby on Sat, then off to Belgium on Sunday! :D
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

standishcat posted:
I prefer Friday night matches cos it's a nice way for me to end a week at dreaded college, but I don't mind the odd Saturday fixture. Looking forward to next week! Rugby on Sat, then off to Belgium on Sunday! :D
Ah, good memories of Belgium. Mainly involving absurdly cheep (by rip-off UK prices) very strong beer!! Here's hoping for a win at the jjb so the beers will be celebratory not memory erasing...

either way c.80p for a stella is good in my books! :D
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doesn't bother me either. It's the first home match this year that's been on a Saturday, we had a few last year which messed up my Sat night coming straight from work with a bag of clothes to get changed into and waiting for an hour for the gates to open, it was either that or go home and get stuck in traffic on my way home and then back again.

What I don't understand is why it said a 7 O clock kick off on the fixtures?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its been said Fridays is difficult some some folk who have to travel from afar and over the M62 in an evening is supposed to be a nighmare.

Thinks it will be a bigger crowd and hopefully we can chher them on to a big win or just a win.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

JIMH posted:
To be fair this fixture has been scheduled for the Saturday since before the season started as it's on the fixture poster so that should have given plenty of time for people to plan around it.