Warry Warry Warry Warrington...predictions!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Warry Warry Warry Warr...

Post by thegimble »

Doug Stand posted:
thegimble posted:
Boy was Warrington so impressive last week at Widnes.

Your an average side apart from the top 2 its injuries that is the difference between us and 3rd.

Close game. 4-8 difference either way.
Please tell me you don't really mean that and it's just a knee-jerk reaction at a Wires fan... There is a massive gulf betwen Wigan and third place. Massive.
Did the two 70+ defeats not ring any alarm bells...a top three side does not get hammered 70+ in consecutive games. We can beat a dreadful Leigh side by 8 points... that is the best we can do... we are as close to being a top 3 side now as George Bush is of finding weapons of mass destruction.
Take into consideration we were without:

DV
Orr
Botham
Radlinski
Hock
O'Loughlin

At Warrington we just about lost the game. The gulf is between the top 2 and the rest. 3-7 is just down to injuries.

Do you think if we had a fully fit squad available we would be where we are today. There is a big gulf between us and the top 2 just as all have that problem and Wolves were lucky to beat Widnes.

I still stand on my prediction it can go either way. We have had 2 days more rest and that can work to our advantage.

If we had all the in jured players back we wold be 3rd now. Warrington are a decent side but thats all they are.

Did Hull draw at Leigh. They are in the top 4.

They beat the Broncos. Its top sides that hammer them. Akso we were missing 4-5 players again.

If we had a fit squad wed do them by 40 just as we did at home. Its not a reaction its fact that injuries has cost us a lot this season.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

look i advise any wigan fan not to bet his/her house on a wigan win. i would like to think we have the ability to win just dont get carried away. next season it may be a diffrent story but wigan this season are terrable i can,t remember the last time i felt confident we would win.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the grinch posted:
look i advise any wigan fan not to bet his/her house on a wigan win. i would like to think we have the ability to win just dont get carried away. next season it may be a diffrent story but wigan this season are terrable i can,t remember the last time i felt confident we would win.
leigh at home ???? :sly:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
heydude

Post by heydude »

wiresphs posted:

YAWN! You really are scraping the barrel YET AGAIN.When will you people understand that he is contracted to a far superior Rugby League club, (not one that lives in the past)
sorry but how can you say warrington is a far superior rugby league club when they play ben westwood at prop (and he scores three tries) this just show how bad super league teams have got,the only super league teams that haven't declined is leeds and st helens and that will be the only teams you will see in cardiff and at old trafford.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Time to bring this thread up to the top, I think!
:wink:

I'm usually the optimistic one, but even I only predicted a win by 6 points!

Well done the lads! Bring on the scousers!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

geoff thats a bit posotive from you ,do you think we can beet the scousers :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
geoff thats a bit posotive from you ,do you think we can beet the scousers :blush:
Why not? We'll have Rads and Scully back, and they're going to be missing some of theirs for a change.

Saints 22 - Wigan 30!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doveoverdave posted:
As a gambling man I would not back this Wigan squad against ANY team in SL. I didn't fancy them at Leigh and I predict a mauling by the Wovles by 20.
ha ha ha doverdave can you now say something good about our team,that would be a first
:eh:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
As a gambling man I would not back this Wigan squad against ANY team in SL. I didn't fancy them at Leigh and I predict a mauling by the Wovles by 20.
I'm with you on that one Dave. I can't see anything other than another humiliation.
Maybe though it will inspire Martin Gleeson to try and save his hometown club nad sign for them for the following season.
:lol: another great posotive post ,now can we have some encouragment for the boyz for a change :angry:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Anything can happen this crazy season! Who'd have backed London to beat Leeds?