Sammut signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Sammut signs

Post by Caboosegg »

Unless we have someone else coming in im concerned that Wigan are treating this season a write off, we are not better off in my eyes in any area that what we had last year. Im sure every player putting on the shirt will give there all but without a major playmaker to lead the team around i can see a dry spell coming.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Deeply unimpressed by this news.

I wish him well of course but what is the message the club is sending out though? Lenegan crying out over poor attendances,ok that’s true but sometimes you have to spend to try and attract back those lost people,this isn’t going to do that.

Said all along for Wigan to get the best out of Williams they need a player who organises and as said elsewhere a lad who can pull Williams string,I’m not sure this is the lad for that job.

The madness of letting Sam go will bite the club hard and I don’t buy the line he wanted to go,he rightly followed the money to France,as I say madness to let him leave.

pedro

Post by pedro »

load of garbage weve been linked with loads seen other clubs signings and ended up with this ......
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Rather have Sammut at 7 than Powell
pedro

Post by pedro »

rather have tommy at 7
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s keeps being said that Leeds have signed big names, Warrington also. They haven’t got a better squad than us though, that’s where I think our money goes to keep the strength in depth. Someone tell me another team with 4 quality wingers?
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I have to say I’m really disappointed with this signing.

I’m trying to convince myself that maybe being around better players will improve him.
I’m not convinced by his defence and wonder what Lam has been seeing to think we need a “Maverick” playmaker.

I also have in my head the words of either Maurice Lindsay of Dave Whelan saying something like “Adrian Lam recommended we sign him as he stated he was one of the most talented players he’s played against”. They were talking about Dennis Moran.

The only other thing making me feel better is if Sammut does flop we can go back to the 6,7,9 that won us the grand final.

Finally can I just say I hope with every fibre of my being that I’m wrong and he’s a belting signing. Let’s wait and see.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote:It’s keeps being said that Leeds have signed big names, Warrington also. They haven’t got a better squad than us though, that’s where I think our money goes to keep the strength in depth. Someone tell me another team with 4 quality wingers?
Also what happens if these NRL star signings don't fit in and get home sick or they just turn out to be shite
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Like many, I'm disappointed with this signing but I hope I'm wrong. He is quick, will take on the line, is unpredictable and a good goal kicker. His defence is poor and I'd imagine that Waney would never play him but Lammy has said that we'll be more entertaining and Jarrod is certainly that. He may turn out to be a good value signing and I wish him well. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this signing is who will miss out the most and I think that Morgan won't be happy with Jarrod's arrival. Morgan will now only be considered as a back up fullback not also as a possible replacement half back as he was at times last season. At 7, Jarrod offers everything that Morgan does plus more although his tackling is inferior.