Sammut signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Sammut signs

Post by Firestarter »

If he can attack the right side defence then we should improve our attack.....not seen enough ov him to know this personally.... i do, however, know that widdop attacks the left side , much like george...... maybe he will suite us better, but only time will tell..... tommy did well at the end ov last season( but will he last the season in the seven role?)....... lets give the lad a chance....... i am, however, expecting another signing this season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Powell is at 9! Tommy is 7.
But Tommy’s best position is 9!!!
But he prefers 7 & Powell prefers 9 ????
Thought rugby was a team sport?
Think a lot of players have the position they like best. Be insane if every player could pick where they wanted to play
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Powell is at 9! Tommy is 7.
But Tommy’s best position is 9!!!
Tough titty what they prefer, Waney has gone and his boys club has gone with it, Lam should play them where they play the best, If they complain they miss a game, It's not rocket science
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote: But Tommy’s best position is 9!!!
Tough titty what they prefer, Waney has gone and his boys club has gone with it, Lam should play them where they play the best, If they complain they miss a game, It's not rocket science
????
My logic exactly
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

And here's me thinking that Wane switched Tommy Leuluai to #7 and Powell to #9. Then didn't he move Gildart to #3 from his favoured left centre spot.
Waneys boys club, I don't think so.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

medlocke wrote:
old hooker wrote:
medlocke wrote:Also what happens if these NRL star signings don't fit in and get home sick or they just turn out to be shite
There is always a chance that big signings may be top drawer or there is the chance they may be shite.With Sammut at least we know from the start he is shite, but of course he is cheap :lol:
I'm disapointed, I was waiting for you to give IL and Radz both barrels :lol: at least he won't get homesick

Cant argue with thàt Meds.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Disappointing signing. This will not bums on seats. If we wanted to play exciting attacking rugby to fill the stadium we should have gone for Hurrell and Austin, the first couple of home games would have gone along way to paying them coupled with loss of big earners like Tomkins and Bateman. We have not even replaced Bateman as Greenwood replaced Joel. Thought recruitment would have improved but looks like Leeds , Warrington and Saints are way ahead of us lets hope they aren't when the season gets going.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I do think we have a better/more balanced squad than last year......we have two very good fullbacks.......4 excellent wingers.....3 more than capable centres...... 2/4 halves..... and we have always been very healthy in the forward department.....tommy at hooker does add something , especially when hes spelled.....my biggest worry is lockers fitness which coulld cause unnecessary substitutions.......be an interesting season and i am eager too watch our new attacking system
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Firestarter wrote:I do think we have a better/more balanced squad than last year......we have two very good fullbacks.......4 excellent wingers.....3 more than capable centres...... 2/4 halves..... and we have always been very healthy in the forward department.....tommy at hooker does add something , especially when hes spelled.....my biggest worry is lockers fitness which coulld cause unnecessary substitutions.......be an interesting season and i am eager too watch our new attacking system
I Agree

I wonder if the golden point rule change has had anything to do with this decision

How many times have fans moaned about us losing or drawing games due to kicking.

If Sammut can keep kicking us ahead, but is bang average elsewhere, then its certainly an improvement on the last few years.

Personally I feel with a good pack in front of him, with george and some quality wingers, it'll add a lot, especially to our right
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
Barney841 wrote:It’s keeps being said that Leeds have signed big names, Warrington also. They haven’t got a better squad than us though, that’s where I think our money goes to keep the strength in depth. Someone tell me another team with 4 quality wingers?
Also what happens if these NRL star signings don't fit in and get home sick or they just turn out to be shite
On that basis we'd never sign another overseas player. A totally ludicrous argument.