Who should go at the end of this season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: Who should go at the e...

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Mark smith was a cocky little so and so who thought he was the big i am because he played for wigan then wanted to leave when he found out he'd be third choice hooker. I cant remember a game he's played that compare to any of godwins performances. Godwin is a lot better than mark smith, i wouldnt be happy about smith starting ahead of newton, but i have total faith in godwin. Problem is there isnt enough room for two hookers in the starting 13 :(
can feel a new name coming online for you mrs wagga :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Of the current crop, I would be inclined to keep Rads, Dallas, DV (just gets the benefit of much doubt), Moran (who could be half decent in a good team), Scully (he needs masses of work, but has potential), Newton, Godwin (he is far from being the biggest problem we have to sort out), Hansen, Tickle (no one mentioned him, but he has put the hard yards in this year), Hock, O'Loughlin, Coyle, Hargreaves and Wild (though I may be in a minority of one there). Just think that the Wire were after Aspinwall a couple of years ago - if only we could swap him now!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

mike binder posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Mark smith was a cocky little so and so who thought he was the big i am because he played for wigan then wanted to leave when he found out he'd be third choice hooker. I cant remember a game he's played that compare to any of godwins performances. Godwin is a lot better than mark smith, i wouldnt be happy about smith starting ahead of newton, but i have total faith in godwin. Problem is there isnt enough room for two hookers in the starting 13 :(
can feel a new name coming online for you mrs wagga :lol:
I couldnt it'd upset Danny Tickles NO1 Fan
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!!

Post by Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!! »

Oh yeah,you'd upset me lol :D How u can say mark smith is or was a better than wagga?? mark has never been a gd player & never will be :lol: that's why we got rid ov him n replaced him with some1 better!!
Wigan Till i Die..That'll Ding Dang Do 4 me!!
NOBBY'S NUTS 4 WIGAN!!

standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Keep...

O'Loughlin, Hock, Newton, Tickle, Scully, Dallas, Rads, Gleeson, Prescott, Coyle, Hargreaves, Hansen, Godwin, Guisset and Moran cos I'm one of those people willing to give him another season. Vaeliki too <--- sorry, can't spell his name to save my life.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

OUT

DV because of his poor defence.

Danny Orr because he doesn't play much for us and isn't that good.

Carney because he doesn't care about Wigan any more.

NOT

Hansan, he is only young and is already on of the best second rows, his defence is excellent and he can attack just hasn't had chance to show it with all the defending he has been doing.

Seu Seu, looks poor this season but under Millward I think he can become a great prop again

Sculthorpe, same as above really anyone remember when we played Leeds a few years ago and we drew and Danny played brilliant.

Everyone has criticized Lindsay for selling our players and now you want him to sell our players. Buying loads of player is not the answer Millward can get the best out of the players we have know most of them have shown that they can be world class.

If we buy a new team next year it could take half a year for all the player to "Gel" and we could be in the same situation as we are now again next year.

Are biggest problem this season is to many new players in key positions

Moran can't be that bad he has been one of the top try scores for the past few years but he doesn't know the players around him like he did at London.

Same goes for DV the players around him aren't giving him the passes he want and he isn't giving the passes everyone else once.

Best signing is Wayne Godwin who is being slowly introduced into the team by playing off the bench and there isn't a lot of pressure on him so he is progressing well.

Yes we need some new player but changing the team completely will not help,
Plus keep all the youngsters there is no need to sell them and despite won't people say they are all good players.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Don't want Brown to go, but i think he will because he has just turned down a new 2 year contract and they aren't considering offering him a new 1 year contract. (only know this info becasue a close associate of kev told me)

Danny Orr should go because he can't run forwards so never makes us any yards.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

no because he does to much tackling,shouldt do any tackling not his job.danny orr that is
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Keep:-
rads[if poss]
newton
Moran
dallas
scully
vialiki
Hock
o'laughlin
Tickle
All our new signings plus a couple of the younger guys.
Out:
Brown
Aspinwall
Wild
Williams
Allen
Orr
Carney
I think that the last two should save us a fortune and enable us to buy two good players because it sounds like the books have been closed again.