Dear Mr Lenegan,

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Dear Mr Lenegan,

Post by thegimble »

Just a suggestion why not increase the cost of the WCC game by 100 pound each ticket. Then use 260kish extra on a marquee.

After all if IL has to put in another 800k why should use fans not help out.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cos they will juts watch it on tv....
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Everyone should just stop buying season tickets, that would put a rocket up Pollards arse, Let's start a big campaign to stop the sale of season tickets, You know it makes sense :roll:
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Bye Bye East stand not so faithful.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

jao 711 wrote:Bye Bye East stand not so faithful.
Oh how mature!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

East Stand Faithful wrote:For many years I had a season ticket in the East Stand with my sons. About 6 years ago I stopped renewing it on the basis of declining standards of the Wigan team and Super League in general. I understand the club has lost money in recent seasons but am dismayed to learn you are cutting the club budget as you believe we can remain competitive on a lower outlay.I was contemplating renewing my season ticket given the exciting appointments of Adrian Lam and Shaun Edwards. However, we have lost numerous international standard players and replaced them with inferior and uninspiring signings.I believe Wigan should lead and not follow the pack in becoming mediocre. Until that happens count me out.

Yours,

East Stand Unfaithful
Excellent post.
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

old hooker wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:For many years I had a season ticket in the East Stand with my sons. About 6 years ago I stopped renewing it on the basis of declining standards of the Wigan team and Super League in general. I understand the club has lost money in recent seasons but am dismayed to learn you are cutting the club budget as you believe we can remain competitive on a lower outlay.I was contemplating renewing my season ticket given the exciting appointments of Adrian Lam and Shaun Edwards. However, we have lost numerous international standard players and replaced them with inferior and uninspiring signings.I believe Wigan should lead and not follow the pack in becoming mediocre. Until that happens count me out.

Yours,

East Stand Unfaithful
Excellent post.
Nothing excellent about this post. It’s just carping, moaning criticism of probably the best run administration in Super League. Who are the ‘numerous international standard players’ we have lost? I count two and we have replaced them with, erm, two others.

Get a grip, we’ve just won the Grand Final.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

OH, ESF did you by any chance watch England academy v Aussies yesterday at Leigh?
The outstanding player on the field was Harry Smith, closely followed by Ethan Harvard. THat is where the investment is being made and has to continue. There were five Wigan players in that winning England team and at least three of the IMO need to be signed up on long term deals.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Yours,

East Stand Unfaithful
I'm struggling to get past the irony of someone who has been posting for the last 6 years claiming to be 'faithful' fan yet won't buy a season ticket.
I have found rugby league declining in entertainment value over the last couple of seasons not just at our club but across the board internationally. We as fans play a role in that by supporting the game through turning up, and putting money into the game over the gates and through merchandising. I have continued to meet my side of the bargain both as a season ticket holder and shareholder of our great club.
We have expectations of our club, and the club has expectations of us as fans.
The directors will set next years budgets on sponsorship deals, TV revenue, merchandising, and gate income which is judged on those who who they expect to turn up and those who they expect to watch TV and 'support' from afar such as yourself.
You are perfectly entitled to withdraw your your cash and support, however to claim to be a faithful supporter of our club and game, yet still stay away particularly when we make what you describe as 'exciting' appointments, you are playing your role in contributing to the decline in our sport.
I don't like football, so I don't go onto forums claiming to be faithful fan of the sport.
I'm sure Mr Lenegan appreciates your input, yet after six years of not buying a season ticket I think he will have factored this into the decision to not put as much money into the team next year.
I hope you get your money's worth next year.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Flash wrote:This post simply doesn't make sense. So you stopped going 6 years ago? That was at the end of the Maguire tenure; a time universally regarded as the period that new life was breathed into the club. 2012 (presumably the year you actually didn't renew) was on the back of that! Moreover 2012 itself was some of the best rugby Wigan has played in the last decade and we were head and shoulders the best, most attractive side in the comp. 2013, we win the double with Josh Charnley scoring 43 tries!

By all means exercise your right not to go but don't make excuses. You don't go because, despite your user name, you aren't one of the faithful. You say you were considering a season ticket. Let's face it, that's just lip service so you can have a moan. Tell me; what has changed since you were 'considering' this? Lam is still here and promising a more flamboyant rugby style. Edwards is still coming next year. All the players are still the same ones as you were exited about going seeing under the new regimes.

All that has changed is we've signed an EXTRA player. One who fits the philosophy of 'entertaining rugby' you claim to advocate!

This is classic 'moaning Wigan fan". Decide not to go then look for reasons to legitimise that decision.

Mate, you're part of the problem, not the solution.
Now that is an excellent post :eusa2: :eusa2: