Carney for Newcastle ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Carney for Newcastle ??

Post by Dawber »

It's just been reported on bbc gmr that Brian Carney has been linked with a move to Newcastle Knights next season before joining Gold Coast,
I thought he was staying at Wigan for the remainder of his contract?,
Anyone else heard anything?
MrsLam

Re: Carney for Newcastle ??

Post by MrsLam »

MrsCarney said this in another post, I've heard so many rumours, I don't know which to believe. Right now it doesn't matter where he goes but I would like him to stick out his contract
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
pedro

Re: Carney for Newcastle ?...

Post by pedro »

Sack him of the big Jessie!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pedro posted:
Sack him of the big Jessie!!
hE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR US NEXT SEASON.

Richards and Dallas will be wingers.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Come on MrsLam, I have never subscribed to the whole idea that Carney is a good winger, apart from that purple patch in the second half of 2003 he has never done it for us, even when he has been on the pitch which of course is not very often. The question must be who have any aussie side got who is going to Gold Coast in 2007 like Carney that they would like to swap for a year before he goes to Gold Coast that we might be interested in?

Best to get rid of an injury prone jinx like Carney, luck of the Irish, I FINK NOT as Lennie Henrys' hilarious fat girl would say.

Hope you still got your staff discount in the Leigh social club on Friday, geoffN and I say always remember what the good looking girls say to you, they will be amazed when you remind them and will think 'so some men do listen' Thats the secret of our success over the (many) years. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

ian.birchall posted:
Hope you still got your staff discount in the Leigh social club on Friday, geoffN and I say always remember what the good looking girls say to you, they will be amazed when you remind them and will think 'so some men do listen' Thats the secret of our success over the (many) years. :lol:
I bet you've got a big notepad of all the things young girls have said to you haven't you! No staff discount I didn't even get in there probably because Pedro was taking up my bar with his party! I was kept out of the other little bar because the manager actually said the men were too rough in there.

As for Carney, my beloved friend "Earl Crabtree" also never liked him didn't think he was consistently good enough but I can't agree there I like Carney and I think without the injuries he would have played well under Millward this season I just don't understand why he isn't playing on the wing, he keeps running back inside to take on the forwards as if he WANTs to get injured :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Plymouthpieeater

Re: Carney for Newcastle ??

Post by Plymouthpieeater »

Carney is good mates with Matty Johns, brother of Andrew. I imagine that is why he is linked with Newcastle.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Never thought i would say this but lets get rid and use his large salary to sign someone else or improve our performing players contract ie Dallas who has been our 1 - 13 all season Dallas for captain
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Maybe gold coast want him to get experience in the NRL before he plays for them. Plus the friendship with johns will probably sway his move, best to get settled before he starts with gold coast.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

carney can leave now if it was up to me.
he's lost all interest and is a huge flop. ABSOLUTELY DIER(if thats how you spel it)