Fantastic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: Fantastic

Post by damien morrissey »

Come on just because Schmicheal said it to Ian Wright doesnt make it right you may be right about the role reversal thing but racism and political correctness are different. We must remember that this is an allegation that has been denied by fletcher.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

I wonder if we will see all the people on here still shouting to make him captain next year?
Could this even affect his contract with Wigan?
I've just been reading on rlfans.com a few people are saying that they don't want to see the guy wear the cherry and white,
This is upseting quite a few people, The stains fans are having a whale of a time, They just see it a another problem for Wigan,
Does anyone think this could cause a problem with his contract at Wigan??
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dawber posted:
I wonder if we will see all the people on here still shouting to make him captain next year?
I've just been reading on rlfans.com a few people are saying that they don't want to see the guy wear the cherry and white,
This is upseting quite a few people, The stains fans are having a whale of a time, They just see it a another problem for Wigan,
no
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

This is Ians fault! He just brings controversy wherever he goes!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Dawber posted:
Wasn't calling for him to be captain anyway. Ian may use this as an excuse to get rid of the "oldie" i think.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mrs_carney posted:
thegimble posted:
Oh a guy on another post called Wires Wooly Backs should we report him to the authorities. I think it was our new friend Saint Bob.

This is all we need in RL a player who gets upset by name calling. What next starts crying when getting tackled.
There is no place for racism. But how often do we say things we never mean in the heat of a battle or argument.

Its one thing to make a comment its another to be nasty. Also i thought sledging was part and parcel of the game.
But if he did call him what hes been accused of then the guy has a right to be upset. It's not like hes calling him fat, something the guy could control hes just offending him for the colour of his skin which just isnt right. I think them two need to sit down and talk about it, it could have been a misunderstanding or heat of the moment thing, but the last thing we need is RL hitting the headlines for racist comments.
But if they are clamping down why did he not kick off he called him fat.

For me that is just as offencive.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

While i do not condone this behaviour in any way, i find it extremely disgusting, i do have to say that it was a huge shock to me because it really isn't Fletch's go. He's a very very nice guy and he's really not like that. I don't know why he said it.

Credit to Souths though for following up with the punishment. It made it a lot worse considering that Souths' home town, Redfern, is pretty much an Aboriginal town and the club has done so much for them. The majority of his teammates have been Aboriginal. Very strange
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

just want to point out to whoever it was said it was an allegation cant remember who(sorry) er it wasn't he clearly said on the tv. he has since phoned dean and apologised to him and went on national news and talked about it too.if he had left out the word black out of the sentence no one would have taken any notice it.the fact the he used the c word didnt matter it was the black word that did the harm you've only got to watch some of the sledging that goes on in the state of origin matches. yes racism is not to be tolerated but we all say things we regret afterwards so one incident surely doesn't make him a racist !! [/quote]
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

southern warrrior posted:
just want to point out to whoever it was said it was an allegation cant remember who(sorry) er it wasn't he clearly said on the tv.
It was also able to be clearly heard in the coverage but because it wasn't live the sound was taken out of that bit
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!