Radlinski to stay at Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Radlinski to stay at W...

Post by MrsLam »

He was upset when I told him MrsC, he even tried to get a court order against me, am now not allowed within a 5 mile radius of him, he was heartbroken but he'll get over me.

The 7 on my shirt scratches out nicely to become a 1

:inlo: Radlinski :inlo:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Pedro the Exile

Re: Radlinski to stay at Wigan

Post by Pedro the Exile »

I'm glad that the issue of will he go or won't he has at last been resolved.It's the last thing the club needs at the moment.In a way I feel sorry for Rads as I don't think any of this was instigated by him and if the rfu hadn't expressed interest then I don't think he would have raised it as an issue.Basically he's a Wigan lad and rl through and through so it would have taken something special to make him move.
Having said that,I have mixed feelings on him staying.On the one hand he will give us much needed stability on the field and hopefully a bit of leadership.When fit he's still the best defensive full back in the game and we need that confidence that his presence gives to the rest of the team knowing he is going to collect anything that is thrown at him and can cream a player on a one on one situation.
However,he is 29 and like any player who has played at the top level for so long is increasingly prone to injury.More importantly,he eats up a big part of our salary cap which has been the cause of many of our current problems.If he's have gone to the dark side then we would have saved his wages(he must be on a similar package to the one Faz was on)and presumably got a payment from the blazered one's to release him from his contract.Essentially we could have probably picked up 2 good players at the same cost.
On balance I think the current predicament means that we need experience and quality on the park more than anything and 2 more seasons will give the team much needed stability whilst we rebuild.By 2007 young gleason should heve matured into a top quality full back and Rads can retire.
Lets hope he gets fit soon enough to make an impact on the rest of the season and comes out all guns blazing.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Its good to see that Kris does belive in our moto
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyleague ... 11,00.html

Union just have no consideration at all, shows what a pathetic game it is when they can't make their own players and have to try and steal ours. So glad kris told them where to go, with an added bit of Millward magic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 654779.stm

11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I rather like the bit where he says he refused to listen to Faz or Jason about the idea!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

GeoffN posted:
I rather like the bit where he says he refused to listen to Faz or Jason about the idea!
Yeah glad to see he wasn't influenced by the converts
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mrs c posted;

Union just have no consideration at all, shows what a pathetic game it is when they can't make their own players
We cherry picked theirs for a 100 years.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Maybe because they werent getting paid for doing something they enjoyed and wanted to support their families. But we arent talking about the past now, i'm on about union doing what they have. Reminding clubs they can have league stars and have help to pay them. And their inability to produce their own talent so they take ours at such inconvenient times and their slyness about what they are actually doing.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
mrs c posted;

Union just have no consideration at all, shows what a pathetic game it is when they can't make their own players
We cherry picked theirs for a 100 years.
To some extent, yes, but they weren't allowed to "cherry-pick" ours until recently, because we were 'tainted' by professionalism.