Goalkickers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Goalkickers

Post by GeoffN »

With all these new forwards (rumoured or actual), is there going to room for Tickle to start, and who kicks if he doesn't? The only goalkicker I can see who looks like making the starting 13 is Orr, on the rare occasions he's fit.
mrs_carney

Re: Goalkickers

Post by mrs_carney »

I hope tickle doesnt lose his starting spot, hes been good for us this season, it'll be a test for hock, tickle and botham to gain a starting spot.

Tickle, Botham, Godwin, Orr and Richards can all kick but will any of them start?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
With all these new forwards (rumoured or actual), is there going to room for Tickle to start, and who kicks if he doesn't? The only goalkicker I can see who looks like making the starting 13 is Orr, on the rare occasions he's fit.
Time for Tickle to take a leaf out of Frano Boticia's book and make his kicking so reliable that he can't be left out of the side.

That was Frano's tactic and it worked allowing him to keep his place and develop into a very good and IMO much underrated stand off.

Of course the same applies to any of the other lads who can kick who might not find it so easy to get a game!

Dave.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think tickle has played well and with our team next season he should play even better
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Cant agree more he has been solid when other more experienced players have been poor. Of the named kickers only Tickle looks like he can handle the more difficult 2 pointers with an acceptable success rate.If we seriously want to challenge for honours then we need these kicks to go over.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Chris Melling can also kick goals

Last year Wigans best goal kickers were:
Farrell
Tickle
Melling
who are all left footed

Are left footed goal kickers better than right footed kickers. I was told that the part of the brain that controls the left side of the body also controls co-ordination so people who are left handed/footed have better co-ordination.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

But he doesnt play every week let alone get a place in the starting 13
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doug Stand posted:

Now talking about Franno, we hardly carried him. He learned the game on the wing whilst knocking 2 points opver for fun everytime. Then when he did move to stand-off was a more than accomplished number 6.
That was exactly my point. You could not leave him out and he kept his place on the wing out of harms way while he learned but as you say when he did move he was a very good no. 6.

Tickle needs to make himself as indespensible as Frano.
He makes our current number 6 look like a school lad...
You are not wrong there.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:

Are left footed goal kickers better than right footed kickers. I was told that the part of the brain that controls the left side of the body also controls co-ordination so people who are left handed/footed have better co-ordination.
OK, where do I sign? :lol:

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

adrenalinxx posted:
Chris Melling can also kick goals

Last year Wigans best goal kickers were:
Farrell
Tickle
Melling
who are all left footed

Left handed and left footed people are also a lot more intelligent than their right sided counterparts! It's a fact!