Re: next years line-up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

1. Radderz
2. Dallas
3. Richards
4. Vaeliki
5. Carney
6. Brown/Orr/Hooper/???
7. Moran
8. Palase'isaia (dont know how to spell it)
9. Newton
10. Guisett
11. Logan/ Fletcher
12. Tickle/ Fletcher
13. Lockers (c)
-------------------------------
14. Hock
15. Brown/Orr/hooper
16. Seu Seu
17. Gowdwin
-------------------------------
18. Hansen
19. Wild
20. Botham
21. Gleeson
22. Coyle
23. Allen
24. Colbon
25. Melling
26. Hargreaves
27. Prescott
28. Tomkins
29. Aspinwall
30. Ashton
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

1. Radlinski
2. Dallas
3. Aspinwall
4. Vaeliki
5. Richards
6. Orr
7. Moran
8. Seu Seu
9. Newton
10. Palase'isaia
11. Hock
12. Tickle
13. O'Loughlin
----------------------------------------
Subs
14. Godwin
15. Logan
16. Sculthrope
17. Brown
----------------------------------------
Reserves (In order of how often they will play)

18. Fletcher
19. Hansan
20. Wild
21. Guisett
22. Hargreves
23. J. Coyle
24. Presscott
25. Allen
26. Tomkins
27. Beswick
28. Colbon
29. Melling
30. Gleeson
31. Ashton
32. T Coyle
33. O'Carrol
34. Williams
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Adrenalin....no Carney?
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Carney wont play next season he'll go on loan i think, i can see Fletcher not starting or a the least on the bench he wont be in the reserves
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Carney wont play next season he'll go on loan i think, i can see Fletcher not starting or a the least on the bench he wont be in the reserves
Carney is as good as gone he has already signed for Gold Coast and said he wants to get used to NRL first, and he ain't guna do that at Wigan.

I think Fletcher is going to find him self in the reserves next year at wigan, is a 32 year old second row/prop really better than the players we have now.

I think that Danny Sculthorpe will be on the bench a lot next year and he will be brought on at the same time as Godwin, Scully players better againsts a tired defence because he can offload and make them work harder which will allow Godwin to make his runs from half back.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

adrenalinxx posted:
I think Fletcher is going to find him self in the reserves next year at wigan, is a 32 year old second row/prop really better than the players we have now.
IMO Fletcher has been brought in to be our captain next season - a direct replacement for Farrells influence. That is what we are short of at the moment (injuries aside). He will be an automatic choice unless unfit.

Also, it bothers me that the two players who had a good start to this season - Hock and Lockers - are being fated as the saviours of Wigan. People forget so quickly that O'Loughlin was being roundly criticised as below Wigan's standards (and never would make it) last season when he played at SO. Hock was also at the end of only his first full season. He had bulked up and looked good at the start of this year, but is by no means a finished product. Both Lockers and Hock require at least three more seasons to develop fully, and this is not guarenteed to happen (look at Gilmour and Haughton for example).

Personally I think O'Loughlin was a really bright prospect even last year and the signs from Hock were good at the start of this season, after finding his feat last year. I hope both will develop really well, but they are not Wigan's saviours in waiting, and they don't need the extra pressure of people saying that they are.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
superleague

Post by superleague »

maybe not saviours but they add alot to the pack and o'loughlin as a gud kicking game wen he is needed to. to me it sounds like that u (mike) dont really rate lockers and hock
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

superleague posted:
maybe not saviours but they add alot to the pack and o'loughlin as a gud kicking game wen he is needed to. to me it sounds like that u (mike) dont really rate lockers and hock
Mike posted:
Personally I think O'Loughlin was a really bright prospect even last year and the signs from Hock were good at the start of this season, after finding his feat last year. I hope both will develop really well, but they are not Wigan's saviours in waiting, and they don't need the extra pressure of people saying that they are.
As the last paragraph of my post says - I think both are really good prospects. I don't however think that either is ready to be the main senior core of our squad. We need to surround them with quality experienced players so they develop t o their full potential. Rads and Faz (and others) benefited from this in the early part of their careers - and look where they got to. We don't want to put to much responsibility on developing players if we can help it (which we can't this season).

They both have potential to be world-class - and I thought that last season when they were tahing a lot of criticism.

I also reckon Allen and to a lesser extent Hansen have big futures in the game - but you wouldn't think that based on the feedback on this site. Also, Gleeson looks a good consistent performer - but I'm with the majority on that one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Mike posted:
Rads and Faz (and others) benefited from this in the early part of their careers - and look where they got to.
Here's an interesting one for you Mike - do you think that Farrell and Radlinski would have risen to the heights they've reached had they not been playing as part of probably the most successful sporting team of all time? They are both quality players, however surely being surrounded by best players in the world in their first few senior seasons made a difference? Do you think they would have developed in to as good players as they are today if they had played elsewhere?

Just interested in your opinion
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Mike posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
IMO Fletcher has been brought in to be our captain next season - a direct replacement for Farrells influence. That is what we are short of at the moment (injuries aside). He will be an automatic choice unless unfit.

Also, it bothers me that the two players who had a good start to this season - Hock and Lockers - are being fated as the saviours of Wigan. People forget so quickly that O'Loughlin was being roundly criticised as below Wigan's standards (and never would make it) last season when he played at SO. Hock was also at the end of only his first full season. He had bulked up and looked good at the start of this year, but is by no means a finished product. Both Lockers and Hock require at least three more seasons to develop fully, and this is not guarenteed to happen (look at Gilmour and Haughton for example).

At last!!!!!!!!
Some realistic writing as regards Lockers and Hock.