next years forward pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wizard_Millward

Re: next years forward pac...

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Highams not dirty. He's class IMO but i wouldn't swap Godwin for any other hooker in Superleague at the moment.
Wizard_Millward

SiY posted:
If i'd have to i'd get rid of allen and maybe tomkins.
Tompkins looks to be one of the best prospects we have along with Gleeson and apparantly Thomas Coyle has the ability to make it. Keep Tompkins and if at all possible we should try an keep Allen, i know he's made some mistakes, but he has the step and usually makes a break when he's on the field.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Allen gives away too many penalties, thats one thing i noticed about him. Tomkins doesnt seem anything special from what i've seen from him.
Higham is st helens' godwin i think they are both good players, maybe i'm biased but higham doesnt try as hard as godwin hes a little trooper.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Saints fans would gladly let Higham go

They dont really rate him that much.

Yes he's good for 20 minutes here and there but they would love him to come to Wigan

I completely agree with everything said about wagga. Keep him as he is lightening quick around the play of the ball and makes good yards all night long
Wizard_Millward

Yer that's true about Allen, he made at least 3 high tackles tonight and got penalised for them all.

On Tomkins, i really do think we've got a future superleague star, he's got size, pace, power and seems to be a decent ball handler aswell. Plus as far as i know he's a local lad which is always nice.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I really don't wanna sell Wagga - especially after tonight. :conf:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

On Tomkins, i really do think we've got a future superleague star, he's got size, pace, power and seems to be a decent ball handler aswell. Plus as far as i know he's a local lad which is always nice.[/quote]

Saints fans were purring about him after the England v France game before our CC humiliation (and after for that matter)

Agree that he is one for the future - correct me if I am wrong but he has been played out of position when has made 1st grade this season