Moran tonight!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Moran tonight!!!

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Absolutley fantastic - my man of the match , he absolutley ran the show tonight and did himself proud. Big improvement in kicking game and overall controll of the game :exc:

WELL DONE LAD!!! U DID US PROUD
Wizard_Millward

Re: Moran tonight!!!

Post by Wizard_Millward »

I agree entirely! The guy who chooses the MOM for sky is an idiot, he always gets it wrong!

Moran was awesome tonight, showed he's got bags of individual skill and can always create when he's near the opponents line, although there is still areas he needs to improve upon and get some more consistency.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If Hargreaves had stayed on hed have been close to motm. We actually looked a fit side tonight. At least Orr started to create tries at last.

Clever Kick into corner. Hopefully they will start relaxing now and play decent rugby.

We never looked like folding in the last 20 minutes. 1 thing is certain if Betts was in charge wed have struggled. Its a masterstroke to leave out the likes of Newton and Tickle and Seu Seu. After next week we should pick up more points and whether top 6 is a possiblity is another matter, but today we beat a top 4 side by a wide margin in the end and we will be a heck of a lot stronget come next year.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

In my opinion he needs to practive his kicking to the sidelines more, we cant afford to kick it out on the full 2/3 times per match. Other than that he had a pretty good game, not MOTM but a good game.
I thought chris melling had an absolutely shocking match, can't see why millward played him ahead of gleeson. I understand he's young and playing against wire would have been tough, but i think it would have been good to see how he coped.
Newton and Godwin, AMAZING!!!!!!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I was so proud of the lads tonight. I was being cynical at half time, thinking we'd collapse in the 2nd half as we have done recently. But they showed a lot of spirit and grit and I was very happy at 80 minutes. :D The atmosphere was electric in those last 20 minutes - definitely one of the best rugby games I've been to, atmosphere-wise. I thought Tickle was great coming off the bench, as was Newton! I was glad to see Godwin and Colbon get on the scoresheet too. But when Terry scored - you know I'm biased - but I was over the moon. :blush: May seem a bit over-exaggerated, but after our recent defeats, I really was very happy. And now I'm off to Brussels! Fairwell! :cool:

*Sings* We love you Terry! Dah dah dah dah dah dah! *Sings*
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Must admit I was surprised by the starting 13

However the bench looked good

Millward is obviously not bothered about anyones reputation

Thought Botham was solid all game.

2nd half far better than the 1st as we again were lacking composure when it mattered.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

In my opinion, week in week out wild is failing to make an impact but still making the starting 13. Utilising tickle, newton etc off the bench has been a very good idea. But surely we have enough 2nd rowers to drop wild. Tomkins and especially Beswick are both better to have on the field.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

mrs_carney posted:
In my opinion he needs to practive his kicking to the sidelines more, we cant afford to kick it out on the full 2/3 times per match. Other than that he had a pretty good game, not MOTM but a good game.
I thought chris melling had an absolutely shocking match, can't see why millward played him ahead of gleeson. I understand he's young and playing against wire would have been tough, but i think it would have been good to see how he coped.
Newton and Godwin, AMAZING!!!!!!!
I thought Melling had a decent game. He fielded the ball well and took a brilliant high ball, reminded me of Radlinski at that point! Was glad to see him get his name on the scoresheet aswell, the lad should take alot of confidance from his performance tonight.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Heard tonight that Wild is looking at leaving come the end of the season

If it's true I'd let him go know

Saints were after him last season so let him go there

Just dont want anyone in exchange
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wizard_Millward:
reminded me of Radlinski at that point
:eh:

Agreed under the high ball he did good, as did colbon.