Moran tonight!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Re: Moran tonight!!!

Post by warriors »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Absolutley fantastic - my man of the match , he absolutley ran the show tonight and did himself proud. Big improvement in kicking game and overall controll of the game :exc:

WELL DONE LAD!!! U DID US PROUD
Im not that keen on moron......sorry moran. He did play pretty good, a few cockups here and there, but this game he did better. Well they all did, David Allen did a few high tackles. I hope that we play good againts saints.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

superleague posted:
one thing that annoys me is the way people get on players back so much for gods sake there only human there trying and we shud just keep encouraging them. i'll except that they do make mistakes but instead of complaning so much just say better luck next time as i used to play rugby miself i know its not just as simple as alot people think it is. SO KEEP OFF THE PLAYERS BACKS AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM !!!
Don't be so soft. If a player screws up he will get slagged off for it and rightly so. It is part and parcel of the game.

Dave
warriors

Post by warriors »

DaveO posted:
superleague posted:
one thing that annoys me is the way people get on players back so much for gods sake there only human there trying and we shud just keep encouraging them. i'll except that they do make mistakes but instead of complaning so much just say better luck next time as i used to play rugby miself i know its not just as simple as alot people think it is. SO KEEP OFF THE PLAYERS BACKS AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM !!!
Don't be so soft. If a player screws up he will get slagged off for it and rightly so. It is part and parcel of the game.

Dave
I dont think that you should slag them off. I played my first game on saturday, it was a tournament. We had a first team and a second team. I was in the second team, it was all the new players. i din't do that good on my first game, well we all didn't we lost. But after that, (COACH) told me where i was going wrong. So i played better, and got a try.

You can only learn from what you have done wrong on the previous game, and do better on the next game. I did.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

warriors posted:
DaveO posted:
superleague posted:

Dave
I dont think that you should slag them off. I played my first game on saturday, it was a tournament. We had a first team and a second team. I was in the second team, it was all the new players. i din't do that good on my first game, well we all didn't we lost. But after that, (COACH) told me where i was going wrong. So i played better, and got a try.

You can only learn from what you have done wrong on the previous game, and do better on the next game. I did.
I take it you are not a 28/29 year old professional player then?

These guys are well paid for what they do and have been doing it for quite a while. To see such an experienced player as Moran put two kicks straight into touch is not, IMO, an acceptable set of mistakes from a player of his experience. Once is bad enough but twice?

That does not mean I was sat there slagging off his every move. Far from it but the way some go on if you come on a forum after a game and offer a negative opinion on an apsect of a players performane you are accused of not supporitng the team.

If all we ever did was make excuses for poor play we would end up with a very poor team.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
MrsLam posted:
We all hope he does and I can see him getting better, it's Orr that I have the problem with. He doesn't seem to be showing any signs of settling into our team, it's been over a year now how long is it going to take? I'm not denying he is a good player, he was at Cas and I'm sure he has the ability to be elsewhere but its just not happening at Wigan. People are being too touchy.
Did you not think Orr had a decent game against Warrington? For me he was MOTM.
Sorry Rob I have to disagree, though I have to admit we looked better than we have for ages (I was away for the Leigh game). Maybe that's due to his influence on the players, but he just doesn't seem able to impose himself on a game, or make a game turning move, like Moran's kick through for this try.

We have signed (hopefully) well for next year. Rads staying, Richards coming, Carney and DV fit makes the backs look good, whilst the 3 pack signings plus Hock and O'Loughlin (again, hopefully fully recovered) will transform the pack.

Moran is making a few mistakes, but he is involved in everything and will definitely score tries for us in a better team next year.

The big concern is stand off. I know I am repeating myself, but Orr at this best doesn't get a starting spot at Leeds, Saints, Hull, Bradford, Warrington, London or Huddersfield. This is the truth. This is how good he really is.
warriors

Post by warriors »

Well you have got a point. It is moron. Even tho he did do that. He still got us a try. His kicking wasn't good. But his passing was better. I will wait to see what he is like on Friday against Saints, if he does play crap, then i will be slagging him off as well. I dont understand how they can just go from getting their ass kicked twice, badly. To two wins. But millward said' first you have to go to rock bottem before you get to the top'. Also i have notice that while millward has bin COACH, when they train before they start they dont go in to the gym. They train on the pitch . If they play as good or better on the next games. i like millward'd way.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Warriors, it has been discussed on the site many times before that we don't sit here slagging the players off. We comment on what they are doing wrong, DaveO is right, to see an experienced player like Moran kicking two balls into touch is not what should be expected of them. But then again he played very well besides them two kicks. Each player makes up for the mistakes they made, godwin knocked on but then he got a vital try for us. Melling made mistakes and made up for them later on. As you say players learn from their mistakes, but the fact is if nobody tells them what they're doing wrong, they may not realise. I think morans just been unlucky with his kicking, but i expect it to be something he practices very hard in preparation for next week. Hopefull Orr will be playing so we wont have to rely to much on morans kicking, but i hope whatever kicking he does helps us not st's.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Speaking of Saints, any news on their injuries?
bertina

Post by bertina »

[

Did you not think Orr had a decent game against Warrington? For me he was MOTM.[/quote]robjoenz, are you having a laugh?
there were 8 or 9 players in front of orr for motm.
Apart from the kick through for colbon's try he was pretty much non evident in attack.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

A little game for you all go to http://www.redvee.net/ and count how many times they mention the fact they have 7 seven players out injured on the first page. Drama Queens. This quote made me laugh though.
"With an injury list that makes Wigan’s squad a picture of health"
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3