Moran tonight!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sedbergh

Re: Moran tonight!!!

Post by sedbergh »

I thought Melling had a reasonable game and I've just watched it again on Sky and he played better than I first thought. Before half time we were showing signs of panicking in attack and trying to score on every play but we played with more composure in the second half. I came away thinking we could even beat Saints next week I was so elated. Saints weren't very impressive last night. A great game tonight and what was so pleasing was that our heads didn't drop when Warrington went back in the lead in the second half.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Moran for me is so inconsistent. Against Saints I thought he was about our worst player, looked like he didn't want to be there. Last night he kicked out on the full twice, kicked another couple of duff kicks to the fullback and one dead behind the sticks. Orrs kicking was a lot better, best he's probably done for us to my memory. Moran's tackling was good though, very solid around the legs. When he was up there spreading the ball he was doing a good job but like as has been mentioned he throws the odd wild one. On the whole though I'd say Moran had a good game with a few mistake but Orr was the better of the two.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I was impressed by both Melling and Colbon, especially defensively...Melling saved three tries with his positioning and tackling...those two breaks they made down their left, where he did enough to force panic passes, and an ankle tap on (I think) Lima close to the posts. Both of them were solid under the kicks, which was worrying me before the game, based on previous performances. Hargreaves was excellent, Allen just needs to cut out those high shots; otherwise he was taking it up well all night.
Still not convinced about Moran and Orr; Moran's kicking was atrocious, Orr took the wrong option too many times (except for that kick for Colbon's try, which was delightful).
Don't know how Tickle got MoM...he did OK but nothing special - needs to be on from the start for goalkicks, though, unless Botham improves a lot in that department.
Aspi and DV did well in defence, as did Moran when defending in the centres - kept Gleeson and Kohe-Love pretty quiet, which takes some doing.

Credit to the Wire fans...I think only Saints have brought more. Some of them even stayed till the end!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
In my opinion he needs to practive his kicking to the sidelines more, we cant afford to kick it out on the full 2/3 times per match. Other than that he had a pretty good game, not MOTM but a good game.
I thought chris melling had an absolutely shocking match, can't see why millward played him ahead of gleeson. I understand he's young and playing against wire would have been tough, but i think it would have been good to see how he coped.
Newton and Godwin, AMAZING!!!!!!!
jssy watched it again melling had a great game :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I thought Moran was good throughout the game, apart from his 2 kicks into touch, he was a threat all night, hes always lookng and always trying somthing, you will notice that he looks better when players actually run for him, like they did in the second half, same with Leigh last week, if he doesnt have any runners hes left with just simple passes or he takes the defence on himself every time he gets the ball, both with make him look poor or just plain average.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I agree MrsC, he needs to practice those kicks to the sidelines he can't keep putting us under pressure. That kick off from Botham was it? Brilliant! Put them under a lot of pressure and our team were there to tackle (shock shock horror horror)

I was also a bit worried at half time that we would just stop trying as we've seen so many times this season, but the second half performance surprised me. We played rugby!!!! The forwards took the ball forward, the defensive line was a line. We didn't panic pass every time we looked to be tackled, the lads knew where the try line was and every one of them wanted to go over it (ball in hand obviously)

Brilliant :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Although you all keep on saying that Moran made a few mistakes (which he did), you have to see that he took full control of wigans game which is what a half-back is supposed to be.
superleague

Post by superleague »

one thing that annoys me is the way people get on players back so much for gods sake there only human there trying and we shud just keep encouraging them. i'll except that they do make mistakes but instead of complaning so much just say better luck next time as i used to play rugby miself i know its not just as simple as alot people think it is. SO KEEP OFF THE PLAYERS BACKS AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM !!!
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

i actually saw him handle the ball right yesterday
MORON TO MORAN IN A MATTER OF SECONDS
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

superleague posted:
one thing that annoys me is the way people get on players back so much for gods sake there only human there trying and we shud just keep encouraging them. i'll except that they do make mistakes but instead of complaning so much just say better luck next time as i used to play rugby miself i know its not just as simple as alot people think it is. SO KEEP OFF THE PLAYERS BACKS AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM !!!
Not getting on his back, just pointing out where he needs to improve...as we've said, apart from his poor kicking, he had a decent game.