3rd in the league - your having a laugh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

3rd in the league - your having a laugh

Post by the pieman »

Subject says it all

Granted probably best overall performance we've seen for a while

But I work in Warrington and have taken one hell of a beating for the last few months

So this ones for Primrose and Blue and your 5000 followers
mrs_carney

Re: 3rd in the league - your h...

Post by mrs_carney »

I've never felt so happy to see so many sad people :)
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
the pieman

Re: 3rd in the league - yo...

Post by the pieman »

I'm walking into work on Monday singing it

Just been put on a disciplinary so may get sacked

But it's worth it
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Getting back to the title of this page.

I posted on tues or wed that there is not that much difference in us and Wolves if we had a full squad to choose from.

1 shot me down instantly can not remember who. Truth is the top 2 are in a league of their own. Ok the are beatable but over a season theyll contest the 2 finals.

We have the worst injury record in the game today and still we did them by nearly 20 points. Next season we will be bigger, faster and stronger and lets be honest if we do not make 3rd ill be disapointed. If we click then anything is possible. We will more or less have a new pack if you include missing Hock and O'Loughlin.

Weve gone 2 on the bounce and confidence will be up. Ok if we go 3 then ill be going mental. Confidence is returning slowly. This was evident in the last 20 min. They made the errors we hardly made 1 after there last try.

I said also on tues-wed the Orr had no heart boy was i wrong he stayed on against orders from the bemch to get what is more than likely the biggest win this season in termes of getting away from a relegation dogfight. If Orr improves and Moran and him click well be a force again quicker than we think.

As the saying goes 1 swallow does not make a summer but we are going in the right direction and thats a lot to do with IM.

What was impressive was the way Lam was going on and getting messages over and being basically the captain even though he has retired.

As some said last week it was only Leigh, better oposition this week and a great win. Maybe not copybook stuff but IM is beginning to infulence things at last.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

now if a win like that as given us confidence just think what it as done to the players :)
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Its been a while when i have been able to come on and have a lot of positives. I missed alot of the game and im even more gutted i couldnt go. I heard the first half on the radio and it was better than expected i thought we'd be abit more down, it sounded close. I managed to see the last 20 mins on the 2nd half.

We performed so well considering we are still missing players. I think its the first time in a while i have seen Wigan looking like they wanted to win, we were attacking and actually making yards.

I also work in Warrington, cant wait til monday :lol:

Lets hope we can keep this up i didnt really see enough to get a good idea of players induvidual performances but im guessing overall we played much better. I did think from what i saw of Godwin that he seemed to be making alot of breaks.

COME ON THE WARRIORS!!!!!!
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Gimble my dad said the same, Wire looked exactly what they are. He thinks they've been building on confidence rather than skill, they don't play brilliant rugby they're nowt special. My worry about losing to them was more to do with how we have played this season, or for how long we've played. We needed to actually play for 80 minutes to have a chance.

Last night players were looking for the gaps, whether it was to run through them or kick to them. We haven't seen any creativity like that from anyone this season and it was an exciting match to watch, I couldn't have predicted who was going to get the ball next as I've been able to do for the last 12 games. We weren't playing one man rugby either, it was a team effort, well done to the lads.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

We weren't playing one man rugby
Then why did we make about 30 runs from dummy half?

I'm not knocking the tactic as the result speaks for itself, but don't get too carried away. We still were extemely brittle in defence, especially in midfield.

We ran in 20 points in the last 17 mins to give the scoreline a lopsided appearance, but I was very happy with it just the same!!

My thoughts are that this was a masterclass from IM. Starting the game with the strongest possible bench and being able to generate such enthusiasm from the youngsters (although they made mistakes)is testament to the little man.

Overall, a massive improvement and totaly exciting to watch. Just hope Saints still have Long, Scully, Anderson, Hooper, Gilmour, etc missing for next week!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Thought it was more near 40 wasn't it?

I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it wasn't all get the ball from play of the ball and run. There were some well thought out moves. This season we've been too guilty of getting the ball running across the field instead of forward and then at the last minute, passing the ball, very boring to watch and no team work involved. There was a lot more support play last night. It's the only positive we've had in the last few months and it's good enough to get excited about so I'm happy over reacting!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

MrsLam posted:
Thought it was more near 40 wasn't it?

I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it wasn't all get the ball from play of the ball and run. There were some well thought out moves. This season we've been too guilty of getting the ball running across the field instead of forward and then at the last minute, passing the ball, very boring to watch and no team work involved. There was a lot more support play last night. It's the only positive we've had in the last few months and it's good enough to get excited about so I'm happy over reacting!
ok lets stop over reacting can we wim sl from 6th with im in charge????poss 5 th when the old and decreped bulls slip up :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME