Book of Condolence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Re: Book of Condolence

Post by DaiJones »

I have to say the silence seemed well observed to me watching on the box, that win was just what I needed after a rather unpleasant few days down here in London to say the least. If some people were laughing then they should be ashamed.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

DaiJones posted:
I have to say the silence seemed well observed to me watching on the box, that win was just what I needed after a rather unpleasant few days down here in London to say the least. If some people were laughing then they should be ashamed.
Dai there was a few mindless Morons at the back of the south stand.

I was at the front of the stand & after the minutes silence there was more than a few of us who were shouting for these idiots to be put out.

People like that have no respect and dont deserve to be able to attend a Wigan match anywhere.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The silence seemed impeccably observed on Sky, I'm really disappointed to find out that it wasn't.

Whilst I would have had no complaints (had I been there) if the stewards had thrown them out, I don't think that they should have. People should observe the silence because they want to and because it's the right thing to do - not because they'll get thrown out if they don't - you shouldn't have to threaten someone to get them to shut up for one minute.

Unfortunately democracy is wasted and the stupid and the ignorant.

If people cannot shut up for a minute after the atrocities of last week - then they should think about how they would feel if they had a relative or friend murdered in an unprovoked attack. Don't think they would find it quite so funny then
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Matthew posted:
The silence seemed impeccably observed on Sky, I'm really disappointed to find out that it wasn't.
I think they might just turn off the sound but i'm not sure about that.

The silence was carried out very well in general, but as usual, the minority ruin it for the majority and it just creates a bad image of the club when it is just the odd individual.