Joe Galuvao

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Vaealikis Girl

Joe Galuvao

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Just a little update on big Joe. Not sure if Wigan are still looking at signing him as i've heard he may be headed for Wakefield. But just in case anyone was interested, he played his first game back from injury for Penrith on Saturday. The Panthers eased him back in with just a little game time so he didn't have the chance to do too much but he was solid in what he did do. Made a few good hit-ups and some good defensive work. Panthers won the game which they haven't been doing too much of lately
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
mrs_carney

Re: Joe Galuvao

Post by mrs_carney »

VG, if its not too much trouble could you tell us how our other signings, richards, fletcher, logan (when he returns) and erm pala.... "feca", do in the coming weeks?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

youre very usefull if you didnt know

its good to know how aus payers are doing

thanx

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Can't see us signing him now. We are well covered in the pack - it's more a case of who will be released!
We have Logan, Pala'aesina, Seu-Seu, Sculthorpe, Hargreaves and Prescott at prop, Newton, Godwin and Beswick at hooker, Fletcher, Tickle, Hock, Hansen, Wild, Botham, Allen and O'loughlin at 2nd/3rd row.

EDIT: Forgot Guisset!!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Yep agree with you and am happy with what we have got in the forwards lets go after a few backline players now
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The trouble is we probably already have too many over 20K. My guess at the 20K club is:-

Rads, Dallas, DV, Aspy, Carney, Orr, Moran, Jerry, both hookers, Scully, Guisset, Tickle, Wild, Botham, Pala'aesina, Logan, Fletcher, Richards - 19 in total.

Brown is after more money - I wouldn't be surprised if he is currently on £19.9, along with the new deal signed by Hansen. Pure speculation I know.

Therefore, on the optimistic side, we have room for one other 20K man. This is a shame, because we need a centre and a half back IMO.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

VG, how exactly do you pronounce his name?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

David Vaealiki
:roll:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I was told it was pronounced with an n not a g
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

mrs_carney posted:
I was told it was pronounced with an n not a g
Me too, but when i told someone we might be signing 'nulavow' as i said it, they told me it was pronounced Galuvao. :conf: