Anthony Mundine

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: Anthony Mundine

Post by damien morrissey »

Aww you spoilsports anyone who gives himself a title would be worth a game or two for comedy value.He was a very good player who thought he was a RL demigod and basically went from club to club like Goulding did until players fans officials and anyone who saw an interview got annoyed with him and he was moved on.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

I never actually suggested we should sign this guy, as i said he was the extreme, i just beleive all teams need a couple of players with attitude.

re Bailey, i know we won't sign him but if the oppurtunity arose to sign a player like him we should. When looking for players we should be looking at what they could do for the team, not the irrelevant things they did as youngsters.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Wizard_Millward posted:
re Bailey, When looking for players we should be looking at what they could do for the team, not the irrelevant things they did as youngsters.
Surely how a player behaves in public is a good indication of their personality? And reflects back on the club? Bailey loves cheap shots - however was less than enthusiastic to mix it up with Scully when given the chance in their last meeting.

As for being something he did as a youngster - it was about 2 years ago, when he was already playing for Leeds - hardly long ago

As for irrelevant, tell that to the bloke who had to go hospital - or his family for that matter
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Anthony "The Man" Mundine had a lot of talent but only really used it when he felt like it. He preferred to use his mouth more than his talent. I've met him a few times and he's really a good guy but i think he just loves the publicity a little too much.

I do miss his backflips after his tries though.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Anthony "The Man" Mundine had a lot of talent but only really used it when he felt like it. He preferred to use his mouth more than his talent. I've met him a few times and he's really a good guy but i think he just loves the publicity a little too much.

I do miss his backflips after his tries though.
Yeah I remember when St george won the Grand Final and Mundine and Blacklock were doing flips all over the place all game, it was a great for the St george fans.