Hull Enquire About Aspy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Hull Enquire About Asp...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

He won't be in next season's starting lineup but will be OK as a replacement if he can get on the bench, which will definitely have Godwin, Sculthorpe and Seu Seu on it. IMO he is fighting Brown for the last bench spot (BTW I heard a rumour Brown was going to Wolves).
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think he'll be fighting brown and Hock
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I think Hock could be in the starting line up with Lockers playing stand off.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Tickle and Hock in the 2nd row, Fletcher @ loose forward then?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I think Hock could be in the starting line up with Lockers playing stand off.
TBH this had never crossed my mind, but thinking about it now, this would probably be the best way we could line up.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
He won't be in next season's starting lineup but will be OK as a replacement if he can get on the bench, which will definitely have Godwin, Sculthorpe and Seu Seu on it. IMO he is fighting Brown for the last bench spot (BTW I heard a rumour Brown was going to Wolves).
That assumes we sign another centre then? We have signed two new wingers, doesn't make any sense buying a quality winger like Richards and playing him out of position. I know he can play winger, centre or FB but if he's top of his class you don't play him in his less favoured position.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
He's a daft git, he does one thing right and makes 10 mistakes to go with it so the good thing he does is never remembered. I've had enough, why has Millward said he can stay?
It's the exact opposite with Vaealiki. He makes two decent runs and passes to Dallas and he's a hero. No-one on here seems to judge a players defensive qualities. Is this not something Wigan used to pride themselves on?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If we sign another back Aspy will be even further from the first team. I agree, we now appear to have 3 wingers, but Richards will start in the centres.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
If we sign another back Aspy will be even further from the first team. I agree, we now appear to have 3 wingers, but Richards will start in the centres.
I don't see the logic in that, buying a world class winger and playing him at centre. If we wanted a centre why didn't we sign a centre?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Playing richards in the centres could turn out like playing aspy on the wing, he just gets slated!! I agree with rob, whats the point in buying a winger and not playing him on the wing? Aspy did make some errors in that game, more than usual, but his try was superb. Aspy is amazing in defense, very few people get past him and this is the reason i think we should keep him. We saw how good aspy was in attack last year and with a good winger outside him, he may well get his form back next season. As for vaealiki he fallas down way to easy for a guy of his size, look at keith senior, he doesnt fall down so easy.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3