self punishment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

self punishment

Post by waterside glens »

if we could stop beating our selves this game would be here for the taking
thegimble

Re: self punishment

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
Watched the 1st half missed second. But we are our worse enemies the players had confidence in each other then wed have run them closer. Signs now are we are improving yes it another big defeat but we are starting to play better as a tema now individual errors need to be sorted out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
waterside glens posted:
Watched the 1st half missed second. But we are our worse enemies the players had confidence in each other then wed have run them closer. Signs now are we are improving yes it another big defeat but we are starting to play better as a tema now individual errors need to be sorted out.
We are still crap. 115 points in two games and a record defeat against the biggest rivals will see this season go down as the worst since 1979 no matter what happens.

Who'd have tought it pre-season? I certainly didn't.

It has gone form bad to worse from day one. Davico, players out injured, Faz leaving, Carney spitting the dummy, players massivley under-perfroming. The highlight so far has been Rads not going to union.

It is embarrasing.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
waterside glens posted:
We are still crap. 115 points in two games and a record defeat against the biggest rivals will see this season go down as the worst since 1979 no matter what happens.

It has gone form bad to worse from day one. Davico, players out injured, Faz leaving, Carney spitting the dummy, players massivley under-perfroming. The highlight so far has been Rads not going to union.

It is embarrasing.

Dave
I know how you feel Dave we were crap, but we were less crap than the last time we played them and there was an improvement, certian players showed up tonight even though our overall performance as a team was poor. Some guys showed they can play well even in poor team.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

will everyone please remember 1984 was the start of something special and I think the same about now. Millward thinks the same about now and every player thinks the same about now.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
DaveO posted:
thegimble posted: Watched the 1st half missed second. But we are our worse enemies the players had confidence in each other then wed have run them closer. Signs now are we are improving yes it another big defeat but we are starting to play better as a tema now individual errors need to be sorted out.

It is embarrasing.

Dave
I know how you feel Dave we were crap, but we were less crap than the last time we played them and there was an improvement, certian players showed up tonight even though our overall performance as a team was poor. Some guys showed they can play well even in poor team.
The other positive of the evening is at least Millward is talking the side up and not Saints!

I think that is about it. So its still crap! :(

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:
ChrisA posted:
DaveO posted: We are still crap. 115 points in two games and a record defeat against the biggest rivals will see this season go down as the worst since 1979 no matter what happens.

It is embarrasing.

Dave
The other positive of the evening is at least Millward is talking the side up and not Saints!

I think that is about it. So its still crap! :(

Dave
We are not going to doing anything spectacular this season, I've been resigned to that for months, the only thing we can look for is improvement and for some of the younger players to impress us while they have plenty of game time, Hargreaves especially has done that, well he has impressed me anyway.
If we can bring through one or two good young guys and take them into next season were they can really learn their trade by playing with some quality players then this season will not have been a complete waste.
superleague

Post by superleague »

wigan better not let hargreaves go hes is the real deal wot a talant i've been so impressed by him the last few weeks.........i thought that props were ment to be at there best wen they r 30 well not with hargreaves.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

superleague posted:
wigan better not let hargreaves go hes is the real deal wot a talant i've been so impressed by him the last few weeks.........i thought that props were ment to be at there best wen they r 30 well not with hargreaves.
Perhaps lets not get too hasty, it looked like we were bringing him into the first team too quickly to begin with. I agree though he has looked brilliant in the last few games, he's played with passion and a no-fear attitude. It's something we only usually see from Scully, hopefully Seuseu will start to follow suit.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
superleague posted:
Perhaps lets not get too hasty, it looked like we were bringing him into the first team too quickly to begin with. I agree though he has looked brilliant in the last few games, he's played with passion and a no-fear attitude. It's something we only usually see from Scully, hopefully Seuseu will start to follow suit.
Just watched the NZ Warriors v Roosters. Pally will give us a lot. Very direct with pace for a prop and the size. Should play him with Scully if he can play off each other that will be a good combination. One burst he made was impressive towards then end went through the middle for 35-30 mts and off loaded.

He looks the business.