New Centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: New Centre

Post by pedro »

Would only have Lyon, Cooper or Gasnier is Dallas left. If we couldnt have these then I wouldnt let him go!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Would only release Brett if We bought Gasnier the other two arnt as good as Dallas but have age on there side.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cooper is as good as gas on the right and for me Lyon is the best!

I would still be gutted if Dallas left. I love pace and commitment and when he doesnt play it depresses me. If he'd of played on Friday it would have been different. I'd rather have none than Dallas really but im biased!
damien morrissey

Sorry mate have to disagree with you Lyon is brilliant as is Cooper but Gasnier is one of the most complete centres i have ever seen play.He just looks like he can break any defense outpace any player and his fumble rate for want of a better term is so low it is untrue.Lets face it he is going no where.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Lyon is better!

He is a right centre as cooper is left.

Lyon is faster than bother. Thats why he played for oz at 22 unlike both Gaz and Cooper.

He is more complete than Ganier and Cooper and if you watch them all you eill agree!
damien morrissey

We disagree on this one.If Lyon was in an origin side do you think he would be in the uk i belive the answer is no.DV kept him in check last week who isnt playing to full potential if he faced Gasnier we would be walloped.Fastest between the two i dont know but i am certain that Gasnier would break the line more often and he has a more varied kicking game.He handles the ball better but on offloads the scores are tied.
Thats just my opinion though.
pedro

Post by pedro »

What are you on about. He was origin and full international when he quit. Millward talked him into playing first grade again and there we are....

Lyon doesnt need to break the line with his footwork and ballskills. He attracts 3 then gives it to Albert for a 4 pointer instead like any good centre should.
damien morrissey

"He WAS origin and full international" Was being the operative word. I dont think Milly is a wizard i am aware he quit Parras because of personal reasons but if he chose to play again and was the best in the world then he would play NRL and be in an origin.Qsland played Langer to fill a gap a couple of years ago so there is no reason why he couldnt play but he wasnt selected.If you tell me he chose not to then your just talkin daft it is the pinacle in the aussies season as important as GF over there.
pedro

Post by pedro »

damien morrissey posted:
"He WAS origin and full international" Was being the operative word. I dont think Milly is a wizard i am aware he quit Parras because of personal reasons but if he chose to play again and was the best in the world then he would play NRL and be in an origin.Qsland played Langer to fill a gap a couple of years ago so there is no reason why he couldnt play but he wasnt selected.If you tell me he chose not to then your just talkin daft it is the pinacle in the aussies season as important as GF over there.
He didnt play as he was not enjoying his rugby as stated by himself. So yes I am saying he didnt want to play as he did!

damien morrissey

And moving to a different club under a different manager wouldnt have helped.Sorry but didnt he do that anyway didnt he has said he hasnt found it easy to settle in UK he misses his family surely he would go back home with a newborn baby.As i have said he is a brilliant player and a team like Souths with money to burn would snap him up.Maybe he hasnt got the stomach to mix it up with the elite i dont know but i see Gasnier doing it week in week out NRL,Origin and i see Lyon being stopped by Dallas and Vialiki and you cant appreciate where i am comming from sorry i thought you were intelligent and open for a debate.Obviously not!!!