London game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: London game

Post by fozzieskem »

Not a happy supporters coach I’m on at the moment shameful performance,no clue in defence,Bullock among other blowing out his backside after ten mins it’s just not good enough.

Time for lenegan yo either ship out or get the cheque book out and ship a few players out and at least try and bring some quality in.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm Rank bad performance . Even worse team selection defies description . Escare on wing and don't play to wings.

Regards EW
The only time he even got near the try line he dropped ball to allow Dixon to canter away
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

superleague wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 pm Where's this so called new expansive attack lammy was talking about?
Where's the solid defence gone? Serious issues at Wigan
Mullen was on radio, due to the weather the game plan was basics only.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote:
superleague wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 pm Where's this so called new expansive attack lammy was talking about?
Where's the solid defence gone? Serious issues at Wigan
Mullen was on radio, due to the weather the game plan was basics only.
But not to take the two points when they were on offer. At least two very kickable penalties turned down in the first half.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Worryingly for me is Lam's seems unable offer anything to fix what's not going on on the pitch. No plan B etc. For the second week we've had Williams, Sammut, Lockers, Powell, Leuluai all on the pitch at the same time and not one of them taking control and all of them getting in each other's way.

Baffling team line up and again baffling substitutions.

Matt
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

The team selection was poor no doubt but Lam is trying to get blood out of a stone.We are the only side in SL who have a 6,7 and 9 whose main qualities are defence.SW new this and bored us to death with negative rugby.However he was successful,no thanks to IL who will not buy quality players and continues to go to poundland for his signings.Mr Lenaghan is ruining the club and crowds will decrease at a rate unless he sells up or spends some money and gets rid of the average players at Wigan.
pedro

Post by pedro »

wonder if Ainscough still wants to buy us
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Put all the under 19s in for the Huddersfield game could not do worse than the first team
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:35 pm The team selection was poor no doubt but Lam is trying to get blood out of a stone.We are the only side in SL who have a 6,7 and 9 whose main qualities are defence.SW new this and bored us to death with negative rugby.However he was successful,no thanks to IL who will not buy quality players and continues to go to poundland for his signings.Mr Lenaghan is ruining the club and crowds will decrease at a rate unless he sells up or spends some money and gets rid of the average players at Wigan.
That stone has never had issues we do in defense until Lam came.

Its a catch 22 though, fans dont turn up we have to cost cut but then fans stop turning up because we arnt preforming.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Probably worth bearing in mind that today we had Manfredi, Burgess/Marshall, Flower, Greenwood, Hamlin and Farrell missing from our strongest side and Sarginson went off injured in the first half meaning Isa moved out of the already weakened second row. We still had a side out strong enough to beat London but I won't say I'm surprised by the result.

I think one of the main issues is that under Wane the vast majority of our attack went through our back row. Lam obviously wants to change the attack but we're still going to be heavily reliant on the old ways initially and losing Bateman at the end of the year, then Farrell, followed by Greenwood and then Hamlin who did well as his replacement, it's seriously weakened an area that has generally been our biggest strength.

When you throw in the likes of Clubb, Navarrete, Tautai and Isa starting the season in poor form but not having to really fight for their place in the side it's all a bit reminiscent of our terrible period in 2017. You need a top pack to be a top side and we're looking very weak in that department.

I noticed that Lam was particularly emphasising Escare's mistakes in his post match comments - saying that Morgan's error when we were ahead was to blame for the team falling apart (not his words but that's pretty much what happened). I don't think I've ever heard a coach put so much emphasis on one error when there was about 60 more minutes of that game in which all the team needed to do was play as well as they've proven they can. Doubt we'll see Escare in the side for a while.