Dear Mr Lenegan,

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Dear Mr Lenegan,

Post by Caboosegg »

needs spell checking tommrow but i shall be emailing the club with the below; i have tried to take any knee jerk reaction out of it and i've always considered myself a Happy Clappy season ticket holder however i have very real concerns.

Dear Mr Leneganm

I have always defended your tenure of the club, i am not one of these that sits around slating everything Wigan while claiming to be a fan. however after tonight match number 5 of the season i have a couple of major concerns.

Despite having a full offseason to bring the team in on the new style of rugby, we look completely lost! i hear all sorts of excuse in the after game interviews (including blaming a player directly) however the fault has to fall at the feet of the Coach. i am not a coach myself and nor would i presume to have the indepth knowledge of the sports intricacies to ever be one. however i wanted to put forwarding my view as a Loyal season ticket holder who will turn up through thick and thin for this season.

1. you really need to bring in a defense coach! one thing that no one and i mean no one in rugby league has been able to say about wigan for atleast the last 10 years is how bad our defense is. however this season so far it has been appauling. the player do not look like they are defending for each other and our tight line that has been so rightly feared for years has gone and been replaced with a caulder style defense where even plays that have no right to be dangerous are getting through. id suggest looking at London last week and Huddersfield tonight as the best example of how bad it has become. i have seen both games now and we made our opposition look good.

2. you need to drawn a line, you may say 5 games isn't alot but we have not seen improvement. either the players are not playing for Lam due to this bizarre 1 season deal you have set up or the alternative is that Lam is not good enough to be a first team coach yet. as stated above he has had a Off season, preseason and now 6 games to get his "attacking" style going. however we have yet to see this in any form and our attacking is arguably much worse than under the rigid style we came to know under want.

3. No coach should be singling out player to the media such as what was done after the london game. i refer you to the Manchester united situation with jose mourinho... he was never to blame it was always the players, look at the difference bringing in a new motiving coach did for them.

i know in most cases concern like these are sadly ignored after all i am just a fan that turns up and buys a season ticket each year. however you have previously stated concern over lowering attendences. sadly for our great club i can see this getting much worse under the currently situation and the lack of concern or acknowledgement we are receiving about it from the club.

at half time today in the concourse for the first time in my 8 years as a season ticket holder all i could hear was fans complaining, not one positive comment. i found myself unable to disagree with any of it as this is the first time i have been unable to take away any positives form our games, no small bit of hope that its only a blib, no example of the pride in the shirt being instilled in the team.

one thing i would like to say and i do hope the player realise this, that despite all the moaning the fans may do, our dissapointment at they way we are preforming. i still for one full respect that they put their bodies on the line for 80 minutes in one of the most brutal sports there is and i will continue to clap them after each game no matter the outcome.

however my dismay at the current situation is very real, and without any real turn around i fear for your gates and season ticket sales next year. with the finicial worry due to current economics and the increasing cost of living fans loyaty in paying for tickets will only go so far.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Re: Dear Mr Lenegan,

Post by ancientnloyal »

Never knew Dan Marino was at United! I suspect IL will browse fans reactions and see this tonight or tomorrow after he counts his beans
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 pm Never knew Dan Marino was at United! I suspect IL will browse fans reactions and see this tonight or tomorrow after he counts his beans
:lol: i don't follow football enough to get the names right, however all i hear all day at work is about Man U, and i read the news enough to see the difference and what the journalists say.

as said i could easily knee jerk and post a list of players i think should go etc, but i was generally disheartended to be at the match tonight and they way our club is going. this isn't a blib like wakefield a couple of years ago.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think most fans are disheartened at our state. Even those who think the club can do no wrong. The more info, debate, facts and realism that people read or conclude means as each day passes the true state of the club becomes public. The problem is IL won’t do anything. Radlinski won’t get sacked not will Lam, and IL will continue to run Wigan as a business and cost save, loving sentiment to players and loyal ones. I expect us to announce Sutton for 2020 after his injury-laden NRL year. (I hope he is injury free btw but an example of bringing back an old boy, ie sarginson, Mossop...)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

If IL does not do something this team will not get out the bottom 2 all season. And yes our recruitment has been poor which is why we are in this position at the moment. Lam has to take some blame as he has spent the last 5 months with the players and now we are a shambles and looking very much like a championship team. Lam does not look like a first team coach. The question is how do we get out of this mess, first off we need either to replace lam or get someone in to assist him possibly Betts. Secondly, and I know this wont happen but we need to replace Powell and Leulaui if we want to improve our attack suggest Purcell from Leeds. But this wont be enough because we are still lacking a quality half back, prop and second row and where do you get these from now that season has started?. How IL /KR could be so naïve to think that we could get away with not replacing Bateman, and solving our long standing halfback problem is quite a mystery and we are now going to pay the price because our gates are going to plummet especially when we are in the Championship because that's were we are heading.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think most fans would have been quite prepared to wait until half-way through the season to see the 'improved attacking play' we were promised, as long as we built on a foundation of decent organisation and solid defence. But all that has melted away, and the attack is worse than under Waney, when at least sometimes we looked pretty good, and could bank on our defence. How many times in the last couple of years did we see poor performances at the DW against unfancied teams, but still rallied in the second half to claim the win? Huddersfield looked a very ordinary side, but contained us with ease.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its because over the last 3-4 years we have chipped away at good players and replaced them with average joes. Finally it has run too thin. The recruitment policy is a joke as I dont think he signed cheap just got some people on totally over inflated contracts due to their ability
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm needs spell checking tommrow but i shall be emailing the club with the below; i have tried to take any knee jerk reaction out of it and i've always considered myself a Happy Clappy season ticket holder...
That letter proves you still are. Apart from a bit of mild implied criticism about the Lam / Edwards deal in point 2 you offer no criticism of Lenagan himself for downright stupid decisions like shipping out McIllorum and Tomkins and making such signings as Sammut!

He will love you. On the back of your letter he can blame everyone but himself which is what you accuse Lam of doing.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pedro wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 am Its because over the last 3-4 years we have chipped away at good players and replaced them with average joes. Finally it has run too thin. The recruitment policy is a joke as I dont think he signed cheap just got some people on totally over inflated contracts due to their ability
You are right Pedro some of these players are on top dollar and they need to earn their money. The fact that our recruitment has been poor is incidental. We as supporters expect the players to give 100% and from my view in the stands I have not witnessed that.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:23 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm needs spell checking tommrow but i shall be emailing the club with the below; i have tried to take any knee jerk reaction out of it and i've always considered myself a Happy Clappy season ticket holder...
That letter proves you still are. Apart from a bit of mild implied criticism about the Lam / Edwards deal in point 2 you offer no criticism of Lenagan himself for downright stupid decisions like shipping out McIllorum and Tomkins and making such signings as Sammut!

He will love you. On the back of your letter he can blame everyone but himself which is what you accuse Lam of doing.
to be fair he does call the Lam/Edwards signing and say thats IL fault