Coach & Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Coach & Players

Post by Caboosegg »

Bushy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am How many wigan players are on a handshake only deal in this current squad?
I bet the bog cleaners have put their dabs on something legal.
When we sell are best players are they sold on a handshake sort it out later deal,or a pen to paper legally binding written agreement so Mr Lenagan receives every penny owed ?
Employee is offered a job by verbal communication.

Contracts are signed before an employee starts.

The amount of time inbetween is the issue. I mean how would you feel if got a job offer signed the contract in the interview but then a better off came along before youd even started... but then your stuck with the terms in the contract for notice before you leave.

I have said that before agreeing to leave SE alone they should have signed the contract, but those who believe jobs dont start on verbal agreement are showing niaveity around recruitment in general or are just ignoring it for there own agenda.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

endoman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:20 am most, if not all jobs are offered on a handshake, they are pretty swiftly followed up with a contract though. Simply don't understand why this didn't happen,
This..

Handshake first then the paper comes along to sign
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

I think Caboosegg solved it "used for their own agenda".
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Locking this topic as it has been derailed into the Edwards contract debacle! 😠

It was supposed to be about supporting the coach & the team!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan