Why Wigan Warriors need to end the Shaun Edwards saga quickly' - comment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Why Wigan Warriors need to end the Shaun Edwards saga quickly' - comment

Post by ancientnloyal »

IL why aren’t the club issuing a statement?? It’s gone on too long now it’s a joke. He is or he isn’t. Let’s get attention back onto our first team progressing!

Idiot
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm IL why aren’t the club issuing a statement?? It’s gone on too long now it’s a joke. He is or he isn’t. Let’s get attention back onto our first team progressing!

Idiot

When has IL ever kept the fans informèd as to what is going on? He continues to treat us with disrespect with regularity.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm IL why aren’t the club issuing a statement?? It’s gone on too long now it’s a joke. He is or he isn’t. Let’s get attention back onto our first team progressing!

Idiot
If I had to guess it's because IL is working out how to spin the bad news by offsetting it with some ostensibly "good" news. It is the patronising way in which he does things.

Expect to see "The very experienced John Kear" announced as Wigan coach soon :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’m a realist I know he won’t mention anything until we unveil David Vaealiki as our marquee signing. It’s just irritating that something so trivially obvious is dragging on. I’ve tolerated it somewhat but now it is sheer idiotic the way this shambles has been handled.

End story is: Edwards change of heart, can get a “bigger job”. Just say so and be done with it.

I actually don’t think there is anything left to discuss on Edwards now
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Whatever happens I think both IL and SE have done themselves lasting damage with this saga.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:54 pm Whatever happens I think both IL and SE have done themselves lasting damage with this saga.
I have to agree..
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Idiot
If I had to guess it's because IL is working out how to spin the bad news by offsetting it with some ostensibly "good" news. It is the patronising way in which he does things.
Well Brett Finch claimed that the signing of Williams from Wigan was a "done deal" and with the transfer fee not counting on their salary cap - seemed strange that there is no official announcement from either club when those behind he scenes are saying contrary

Aussies cannot understand why this cannot be officially announced! Maybe with the SE fiasco and now the loss of Williams, IL is under massive pressure to offset as you say with some "good news" Maybe a new improved deal for Sam Powell? :roll: :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Idiot
Well Brett Finch claimed that the signing of Williams from Wigan was a "done deal" and with the transfer fee not counting on their salary cap - seemed strange that there is no official announcement from either club when those behind he scenes are saying contrary

Aussies cannot understand why this cannot be officially announced! Maybe with the SE fiasco and now the loss of Williams, IL is under massive pressure to offset as you say with some "good news" Maybe a new improved deal for Sam Powell? :roll: :lol:
trying to offset bad new with good news is standard business practice. its not about being patronising.
i mean even brexit does it.... you will all be worse off but you get your borders back ;)

but on a real life example at my work, we have seen massive growth in the medical sector with record sales and profit... but tata steel going under has cost us XYZ in the industrial side. see bad news ofset with good news.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 am
cow yeds wrote:He's still in Spainwith his family. Not signed anything.
What if he signed before he left. Or perhaps even whilst he was in Spain? Being in Spain wouldn't stop you signing anything.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I know for sure he hasn't signed anything.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cow yeds wrote:
Mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 am
cow yeds wrote:He's still in Spainwith his family. Not signed anything.
What if he signed before he left. Or perhaps even whilst he was in Spain? Being in Spain wouldn't stop you signing anything.

I know for sure he hasn't signed anything.
Cool, that offsets others saying it was all signed and sealed last week.

I still have hope and I'd still welcome Shaun at Wigan as planned.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐