Merrin speaks out on exit rumours

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Merrin speaks out on exit rumours

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds forward Trent Merrin has denied that he wants to leave the club.

Rumours have been circulating for weeks that the 29-year-old is set for a return to St George Illawarra, with former Penrith teammate Reagan Campbell-Gillard saying Merrin is homesick.

But despite admitting he is finding things tough given the Rhinos poor start to the season, the Australian international has rebuffed the rumours that he wants to return Down Under.

“There’s a lot of outside noise at the moment and it’s hard to push that away when it’s in your face all the time with social media,” Merrin told PA Sports.

“But I’ll focus on what I can control and my part in turning things around. It’s a tough time and that’s what rugby league is. You wouldn’t do it if you weren’t made for it.

“Obviously the season hasn’t worked in our favour and at times it does get hard, but you’ve got to go through tough times to realise what sort of a person you are and I’m not turning my back on this team.”

Having lost seven of their opening eight games, Leeds face local rivals Castleford on Thursday and will be hoping a morale-boosting win can kick-start their season.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/merrin-s ... urs-19941/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan