REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley13

Re: REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!...

Post by Hanley13 »

On reflection if the referee had shouted held or fifth and last as a player that would mean the same thing! When you hear that call that close to the line you would release the player in order to get set for the next play. IMO the problem arose because KK realised he was in the wrong position. He should have been on the line to actually see whether Solomona had been stopped (Which he hadn't) To give that on to the video ref was an equally bad call knowing that they don't have sound! I think the video ref called on whether the player was actually held or not which the replays clearly showed he wasn't! This raises the question. Why did so many Wigan players actually not even manage to get a hand in to stop the ball knowing how strong Solomona is?

The one good thing which will come from Wigan not making the top 6 is that next season they should get an easier ride i.e. the bottom six play each other 3 times meaning that when Wigan get stronger we have three opportunities next season to exact revenge on Wakefield!!!!!

PS go easy this is my first post ;-)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Hanley13 posted:
On reflection if the referee had shouted held or fifth and last as a player that would mean the same thing! When you hear that call that close to the line you would release the player in order to get set for the next play. IMO the problem arose because KK realised he was in the wrong position. He should have been on the line to actually see whether Solomona had been stopped (Which he hadn't) To give that on to the video ref was an equally bad call knowing that they don't have sound! I think the video ref called on whether the player was actually held or not which the replays clearly showed he wasn't! This raises the question. Why did so many Wigan players actually not even manage to get a hand in to stop the ball knowing how strong Solomona is?
correct
The one good thing which will come from Wigan not making the top 6 is that next season they should get an easier ride i.e. the bottom six play each other 3 times meaning that when Wigan get stronger we have three opportunities next season to exact revenge on Wakefield!!!!!
incorrect! they changed that rule at the end of last season, if we finish 7th, we will play the extra games against the sides finishing 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th (but not sure which way the two new teams will be ranked for the last spot).

Good start...welcome aboard, and please keep the posts coming!
Hanley13

Post by Hanley13 »

incorrect! they changed that rule at the end of last season, if we finish 7th, we will play the extra games against the sides finishing 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th (but not sure which way the two new teams will be ranked for the last spot).
Bugger! :blush:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Yep good post i didnt know that change had been made.Keep the intelligent posts comming in.
botica

Post by botica »

Come on Wildcat! Just before the Tickle try i feel that was a trip no penalty. All the holding down! he eventually gave us pens because wakey wouldn't stop doing it. Never ever has that man given Wigan anything if he could award the other way, in fact he is a sham of a referee. Fact the worst team won on friday, wallow in it and think yourself lucky. never again will your team play so bad and come away with the points.Roll on next season and pay back. Can't abide it when people come to gloat on other fan sites. I would never sink so low. :doz:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 45,00.html

Stuart Cummings trying to explain the KK decision!
(yes, it was my e-mail question!)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 45,00.html

Stuart Cummings trying to explain the KK decision!
(yes, it was my e-mail question!)
So really KK did nothing wrong (in this instance). It is impractical for the referee to check with all of his officials before calling each tackle, it would slow the game down by Union proportions!

It also says that KK did ask the video referee to judge whether the ball was grounded prior to him shouting 'last' therefore we cannot really complain at KKs actions. If the ball was grounded after the shout of 'last' (as Mario's DVD player says) then the video referee was in the wrong.