REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!!

Post by Joanne2809 »

Our discipline did let us down, and poor ball handling, but when we were 28-28 and a decision like that is given, it is very unfair, I have just watched the game again and Kris Rads goes to the ref and clearly says, 'you said held sir!!' and Kirkpatrick (could think of other names to use for him but will be polite!!!!) replied 'I know, I have told him (video ref)' but the video ref does not get any sound ?????????????? It is outrageous!!!

If that was a grand final or semi-final I think posts on here would be slightly different....just because we are having a really bad season (injuries, losing crucial players) everyone is doom and gloom which I can understand, but despite our errors last night we WERE 28-28 and alot of the ref's decisions did not go our way !!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 2006-2007 season!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wildcat

Re: REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!!

Post by Wildcat »

I tell you what Jo, I hope he did say he was held, it would really make up for Bj's valid try being ruled out in the playoffs last year, and the Danny Orr knock on try. and Kirkpatricks tendancy to give you a penalty at every opportunity last night.

It was fantastic when all the Wigan fans moaned at us when we trailed 28-22
pedro

Re: REF's DECISIONS !!!!!!...

Post by pedro »

Wildcat posted:
I tell you what Jo, I hope he did say he was held, it would really make up for Bj's valid try being ruled out in the playoffs last year, and the Danny Orr knock on try. and Kirkpatricks tendancy to give you a penalty at every opportunity last night.

It was fantastic when all the Wigan fans moaned at us when we trailed 28-22
Dont make me laugh...the ref murdered us and you know it!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

...but how many times did we get up their end of the pitch and throw the ball away, off the pitch or knock on? There were atleast three I can remember off the top of my head. There were gaps the width of the field in our defence which gifted them two tries which but us 12-6 down and on the back foot so early in the game. We had control of the match and threw it away so we can moan about the referee and say he cost us the game but it was our own missed chances.

Also don't forget there were about 5 Wigan players tackling Solomona and not one of them went for the ball. You don't let someone bundle over from that short range!
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

Get real Wildcat, whats wrong you havent got a website aswell as a good stadium !!

Get to youro own Website !!!!!!!

HE DID SHOUT HELD...or have you not got sky in yorkshire too to watch the replay !!!!

Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Not only did he shout HELD but he raised his hand and shouted FIVE AND LAST but lets face it we did not play well last night, we should not be losing against the poorer, also ran, teams like Wakefield and hopefully with the signings we have made we will be putting cricket scores past the worthless Wildcats with their poxy ground and stay away supporters.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
willie c

Post by willie c »

a few points about that try kirkpatrick was the wrong side of play should of been on the wigan line and came down to the video ref in the end but solamonea should never have got over with five players round him
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Joanne2809 posted:
Our discipline did let us down, and poor ball handling, but when we were 28-28 and a decision like that is given, it is very unfair, I have just watched the game again and Kris Rads goes to the ref and clearly says, 'you said held sir!!' and Kirkpatrick (could think of other names to use for him but will be polite!!!!) replied 'I know, I have told him (video ref)' but the video ref does not get any sound ?????????????? It is outrageous!!!
It is and it is on its own merits despite how well or not Wigan played.

How on earth can a ref call held, five and last and then go to the video ref?

It doesn't matter if justice was done or whatever, that has got to be the worst bit of refereeing I have seen in a long time.

Dave
mario

Post by mario »

Joanne2809 posted:

If that was a grand final or semi-final I think posts on here would be slightly different....just because we are having a really bad season (injuries, losing crucial players) everyone is doom and gloom which I can understand, but despite our errors last night we WERE 28-28 and alot of the ref's decisions did not go our way !!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 2006-2007 season!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ref didn't need sound because you clearly see KK put his hand up for the last tackle and the ball was put down after he'd put his hand up.Kirkpatrick know when he called held though, so it shouldn't have been passed on to the video ref.
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

All the wakey fans thought the tackle was over, because no player on earth could have done any more with it, but the arm just came through and sent us into revenge heaven, and the wildcats forum is shut because of all the rumours "they arent getting paid again"
Maybe you Wiganers just don't like to hear it how it is.
the ref din't punish you, he gave you everything, harsh penalties for holding down and two for putting the hand in without even disturbing the ball. I know they are cutting down in and around the ruck, but for both sides please!!!
And we gave away even more ball than you!! Jeffries through it to ground 3 times and gave away 2 interceptions! we coughed it up 4 times in midfield via unforced errors. We were awful, but our defence scrambled well when needed.
The fifth official really dint want to give the try, but there was really nothing wrong with it, unlike Orrs basket ball dunk