19-man squad vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: 19-man squad vs Catalans

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pearsy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:42 pm What's the odds Smith kicks drop to win or golden point
Probably about the same as him scoring a hat-trick to win it
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:12 pm
Wigan 19-man squad to face Catalans Dragons:

Joe Bullock, Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tom Davies, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Dom Manfredi, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Liam Paisley, Oliver Partington, Jarrod Sammut, Dan Sarginson, Jake Shorrocks, Morgan Smithies, George Williams.

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:13 pm No Escare again!
To be fair Josie we are extremely "light" in the forwards. Nine named and assuming Lam continues with rotating Shorrocks with Leuluai then I guess he will go with the three forwards on the bench. Simply no place for Escare and with the inexperienced forwards we will need to rotate and spell them against the much bigger/experience of the Catalans pack
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:05 pm
pearsy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:42 pm What's the odds Smith kicks drop to win or golden point
Your aware he holds the wigan club record for number of drop goals in a season?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:12 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:12 pm
Wigan 19-man squad to face Catalans Dragons:

Joe Bullock, Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tom Davies, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Dom Manfredi, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Liam Paisley, Oliver Partington, Jarrod Sammut, Dan Sarginson, Jake Shorrocks, Morgan Smithies, George Williams.

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:13 pm No Escare again!
To be fair Josie we are extremely "light" in the forwards. Nine named and assuming Lam continues with rotating Shorrocks with Leuluai then I guess he will go with the three forwards on the bench. Simply no place for Escare and with the inexperienced forwards we will need to rotate and spell them against the much bigger/experience of the Catalans pack
I understand that, I just feel so sorry for him. Why give him the number 1 shirt if he’s not going to be picked. I feel he would make a good hooker because he scoots & is fast. He actually thought he was going to be playing on Sunday. It must be so very frustrating for him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm
Yeah and Frano Botica does for goals kicked. What is your point?
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

What a claim to fame that is, he must rate as an all time great now then and go into the hall of fame :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:05 pm

The the chance of him winning the game with a drop goal isnt as unlikely as your trying to claim.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:24 am

The the chance of him winning the game with a drop goal isnt as unlikely as your trying to claim.
Whilst Smith is on the field their is every chance however small that he could get a drop goal. Would it be a match decider is debatable. Just why you think Smith will be key to whatever Catalans do is baffling. More chance of ST scoring the winning goal/try or at least creating it. Are you are so full of expectancy for us to lose (which you almost appear to be wishing upon us with your obsessive posts about such a mediocre half as Smith)
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:33 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:24 am

Whilst Smith is on the field their is every chance however small that he could get a drop goal. Would it be a match decider is debatable. Just why you think Smith will be key to whatever Catalans do is baffling. More chance of ST scoring the winning goal/try or at least creating it. Are you are so full of expectancy for us to lose (which you almost appear to be wishing upon us with your obsessive posts about such a mediocre half as Smith)
Nope i have quite jumped on the anti wigan train yet. More pointing out the chance of him winning the game with a drop goal compared to scoring 3 tries is drasticly higher because he has form for one.

And all i have ever said around Smith is he did alot more than what people gave him credit for.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I actually liked Matty smith
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame