Wigan Warriors sill waiting for Shaun Edwards to "come to his own decision"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan Warriors sill waiting for Shaun Edwards to "come to his own decision"

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:07 am Looks like hand shakes are used in the NRL as well....
???🤔🤔🤔
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ake-fiasco

Looks like it went just as wrong as well.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am I was told two weeks ago another reason Edwards isn’t happy with the situation at Wigan is that the club didn’t tell him that George Williams wouldn’t be at the club in 2020!

How true that is, is anybody’s guess.
You are quite right, the movement of players had a big bearing on his second thoughts.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cow yeds wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am I was told two weeks ago another reason Edwards isn’t happy with the situation at Wigan is that the club didn’t tell him that George Williams wouldn’t be at the club in 2020!

You are quite right, the movement of players had a big bearing on his second thoughts.
Williams has said for ages he wants to go to the NRL though..

For Edwards it gives him a clean sheet to make his team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The Williams going is to me an excuse,I don’t think whoever comes in is going to get this mythical war chest,they’ll be expected to use the kids and shop around,I’ll say it again I don’t think the club will have a marquee player next season,hope I’m wrong and I hope it’s the right player if so and not just to say he’s our marquee player.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 pm
cow yeds wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am

Williams has said for ages he wants to go to the NRL though..
For Edwards it gives him a clean sheet to make his team.
. . . assuming "his team" doesn't include Williams, surely?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:07 am Looks like hand shakes are used in the NRL as well....
???[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ake-fiasco

Looks like it went just as wrong as well.
They didn’t hold a press conference announcing Bennet as coach on the back of a handshake though did they!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Personally i would tell Edwards to stay away from the club, the situation has made it untenable for him to come now. and we all assume he would make a good coach which is not proved in RL as he was only the defensive coach for Wales & its much easier to sort the defence out with 15 players on the field
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:08 pm Personally i would tell Edwards to stay away from the club, the situation has made it untenable for him to come now. and we all assume he would make a good coach which is not proved in RL as he was only the defensive coach for Wales & its much easier to sort the defence out with 15 players on the field
I have said this as soon as it blew open, the situation is as you say untenable now, i suspect it'll die its death very soon, i never bought into him coming here as it was the way hes treated never mind Lenegan but the clubs fans is very poor