19-Man Squad vs Tigers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: 19-Man Squad vs Tigers

Post by Mickw »

I'm a bit worried for dom .
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Could not agree with you more DDTF I was not getting at you we played with a young pack 2 players injured and not coming back on substitutions down playing against a massive experienced pack that Cas have the tackling we did took the steam out of us .We can only play with the players on the field and they are not big/good enough,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mickw wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 pm I'm a bit worried for dom .
what did dom do? Didnt say anything about the injury? Too be honest hes not looked fit since his latest return
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:49 pm Can’t believe how we’ve been beat, saw the first half before I came to work and looked like we were coasting.
Shouldn’t be getting beat with a lead like that. Disgraceful
at no point in that first half were we coasting, even then their forwards were going the length of the field every 6 tackles. We've suffered from injuries at the wrong times tonight, fair play to them second half,although not to get even one penalty in the game for offside when he applies that rule to us on several occasions is very disappointing.
It's the injuries that are of more concern tonight, Greenwood knocked out again ,Sammut who is shaping up to be a great signing hope he's not as bad as it looked and poor old dom .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sammut medial ligaments I’ve heard. Dom’s knee has gone apparently don’t know how true this is.
We ended up with one sub with all the injuries! Hard lines lads
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:What the hells up with you all we have 2 players injured and cant return Tommy played 80 mins with a young pack we got battered down the middle with fresh forwards coming of the Cas bench. Cas forwards battered us .So Lam is to blame for losing the lead get real how can you ask a young pack to play against a massive pack that Cas has.We lost but we took some pressure in the second half and pressure has to give some time.
If we got beat because we have a young pack, why have we got a young pack?

If their forwards battered us, why are our forwards worse than theirs?

They are a two bit team who play in a shed with loads of injuries themselves.

Sick of hearing excuses for falling standards at Wigan.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 pm

If we're having a "sick of hearing..." thread, can we all join in?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jaws1 wrote:What the hells up with you all we have 2 players injured and cant return Tommy played 80 mins with a young pack we got battered down the middle with fresh forwards coming of the Cas bench. Cas forwards battered us .So Lam is to blame for losing the lead get real how can you ask a young pack to play against a massive pack that Cas has.We lost but we took some pressure in the second half and pressure has to give some time.

Their forwards were outstanding tonight DaveO, wish we had picked up watts when he became available.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

but we didnt pick Watts because we have no ambition or money

Our forwards are so small compared to other teams its scary but this has been an issue since 2013.

Back to recruitment in a word disappointing.
For me IL and KR to blame totally
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Their forwards were outstanding tonight DaveO, wish we had picked up watts when he became available.
But we didn't did we. We have two senior props in Clubb and Flower who are struggling to put two games together (and even when Clubb plays he looks naff) and we know Lockers would hardly ever manage that this season.

If Cas can assemble a pack like that, why the hell can't we? Castlefords forwards were outstanding, Castlefords! FFS our recruitment and squad management is rubbish.