Carney slams 'disgraceful' Wigan squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Carney slams 'disgraceful' Wigan squad

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I don't disagree Josie. If ex-players want to throw stones then they should definitely make sure they have no ghosts rattling around in their cupboard
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Carney is spot in sadly I wish he wasn’t but something has to change at Wigan.

I care not a jot at what Carney has or hasn’t done in his past like it or not he’s the face or sky’s rugby and an ex player so when he speaks on Wigan I tend to listen.

These lads need to realise and start respecting the club,it’s fans and themselves because believe me the club will still be there long after this lot have retired and are back in the real world
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He has the right to an opinion and I don’t mind if he has ghosts with us. I see that he is speaking as a fan obviously Wigan is close to him personally and he is reacting to it.

I too wouldn’t be bothered if Ryan Bailey goes on BBC 10 o’clock news doing a feature regarding Leeds’ roughness in tackles and how bad it is for RL
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It won’t be surprising to read I agree with his sentiments but I am a bit wary of what he has said all the same.

We know who the three are, we know what they have done. It just seems to me he’s rather keen to stick the boot in or has jumped on this to come up with a bit of sensationalist tabloid journalism.

As I expressed in the other thread, I have my doubts about the Wigan Way but that doesn’t mean I want to see these incidents used for cheap sensationalist journalism at the clubs expense.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am not convinced of his sincerity.
Hissingsid

Post by Hissingsid »

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Mr Carney.😏
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:35 pm We also had the incident with Mossop and Bateman (although never publicised) and Feka years ago.

Maybe the internal culture and structures of the club are the issue ?

Always seems to be Wigan most of the time with incidents like this.
Wigan are the biggest club so any news good or bad will hit the headlines!
Are we really the biggest club?

To who?
What impact does it have?
How much “bigger” are we then Leeds or Saints in reality?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Carney rant blasted by former Wigan man Goulding

Retired Great Britain international Bobbie Goulding has jumped to the Wigan players’ defence after they were on the receiving end of a scathing assessment by Sky Sports’ Brian Carney.

Upon the news that Wigan’s Gabe Hamlin had been stood down after being charged with an Anti-Doping violation yesterday, Carney, who also played for the Warriors, came out to criticise the playing group, branding some of the players a disgrace and questioned their respect for the fans as well as the culture at the club.

However, those comments have drawn a hit back from 47 year old Goulding, who took to Twitter to question Carney’s position of slamming the players, highlighting that recent off field incidents plaguing the club in 2019 that aren’t related to player behaviour had been completely overlooked.

Goulding also cited Carney’s removal from the playing side in retirement as a reason for his hard hitting comments towards the players, and was less than kind in his overall assessment of the Sky broadcaster.

Carney: Wigan players a disgrace 🏉

🗣️ In the week that Wigan prop Gabe Hamlin was charged with a doping violation, Brian Carney offers his take on the situation at the club.

Bobbie Goulding
@Goulding7
It’s amazing when you stop playing and you start slagging off players (take a look at yourself)

What about the salary cap what about the fiasco with Sean Edwards ?
Don’t just go round pointing the finger at players

Absolute w....r this bloke never done ewt wrong 🙈kettle black

http://www.rlnews.co.uk/carney-rant-bla ... -goulding/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree but Hamlin wont be the 1st and certainly not the last i think all players at every club should be tested after every game that will shut up the ones spouting about Wigan players because no doubt there will be a lot more
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 pm I agree but Hamlin wont be the 1st and certainly not the last i think all players at every club should be tested after every game that will shut up the ones spouting about Wigan players because no doubt there will be a lot more
I think exactly the same & random drug tests during the week on every player!

If England players can be tested anytime anywhere without notice so should ALL players IMO & in the of season too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan