Re: asp & wild

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wild's cousin said wild was signing for hudds, dont know about aspy
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Thank God For That. Two of the worst players ever to play for Wigan. I won't shed a tear if they leave.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

i wouldnt shed a tear if anyone leaves! but i can see your point. they aint exactly the best and most productive players we have
Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!!

Post by Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!! »

I heard aspy was playin 4 a new contract & that he was getting another 4 next season but dont know how true it is :conf:
Wigan Till i Die..That'll Ding Dang Do 4 me!!
NOBBY'S NUTS 4 WIGAN!!

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He was told that, but if another club comes in I'm sure either would be allowed to leave.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

ronireved posted:
i don`t agree,i think they both have got the talent.wigan let to many youngsters go to early,then they come back and haunt us....long ..naylor..+++++
I dont agree with you, just being honest. Youngsters ? Wild is 24, Aspinwall has been in and out of the first team for 4 or 5 seasons now, he hasnt improved. As for saying Scott Naylor came back to haunt us, the only spirits hes seen are the Optics on the top shelf. They're dead wood and its time to cut them basically, simple as. Timberrrrrrrrrr

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ChrisA posted:
ronireved posted:
i don`t agree,i think they both have got the talent.wigan let to many youngsters go to early,then they come back and haunt us....long ..naylor..+++++
I dont agree with you, just being honest. Youngsters ? Wild is 24, Aspinwall has been in and out of the first team for 4 or 5 seasons now, he hasnt improved. As for saying Scott Naylor came back to haunt us, the only spirits hes seen are the Optics on the top shelf. They're dead wood and its time to cut them basically, simple as. Timberrrrrrrrrr
:lol:
RidingPie

Post by RidingPie »

Well Aspy has made a break in each of the previous two matches now!

Think if he can multiply that by a factor of 10 then he's got a chance. At the moment though we need every fit player we've got!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ronireved posted:
But they can't all play. The salary cap limits our youth development, once the players have had a bit of a taste of the first team they'll naturally start expecting a 20/20 slot and we can't accommodate everyone. We've used, what, 10 players outside the 20/20 structure this year... if we keep all of them they'll want a £20k slot soon so we'll have to get rid of other players to accommodate them. It's just not feasible, especially if we want to keep some experience in the team, and what happens a couple of years later when the next batch of youngsters is ready to start coming through?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

We have used alot of youngsters this season, it has been good experience for them, but im sure they cant expect a 20/20 spot, if where well in the top 6 then maybe they will have played well enough for some of them to earn it. Im hoping that we wont get many injuries next season so will hardly need them for the first team.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR