Murdoch Massila

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Murdoch Massila

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I have been informed that his wife has become the first professional woman to play rugby league in this country. One question, should this payment be counted against Warrington's salary cap?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Murdoch Massila

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wouldn't really matter

All the Wire players are paid buttons to play anyways. They all play for the "love" of the club hence why they can recruit who they want when they want
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I asked a similar question a few weeks back when I asked what happens if a player marries one of the back office staff.
shaunedwardsfanclub

The Super League Salary Cap Regulations state, under section 5.2, that: Wherever salary or other benefits are expressed to be paid, payable or Accruing 'to a Player,' such expression will be deemed to include payments that are paid, payable or Accrue to, or for the benefit of the spouse.

I interpret that to mean it should be charged to Wire's salary cap.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

She play prop? We need one
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 pm I have been informed that his wife has become the first professional woman to play rugby league in this country. One question, should this payment be counted against Warrington's salary cap?
Do you mean she is the "first woman" to play "professional RL"?.

Which RL club does she play for & why would her earnings count against Warrington's salary cap???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:59 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 pm I have been informed that his wife has become the first professional woman to play rugby league in this country. One question, should this payment be counted against Warrington's salary cap?

Which RL club does she play for & why would her earnings count against Warrington's salary cap???
I am told that she is the first woman to be paid to play RL in England. She plays for Warrington and is paid by Warrington, therefore her salary should be counted against the salary cap.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:24 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:59 pm

I am told that she is the first woman to be paid to play RL in England. She plays for Warrington and is paid by Warrington, therefore her salary should be counted against the salary cap.

Ah, right.

I'm not sure if any of our girls get paid cos they've all got jobs as far as I know, they play & train part time!

They must have the same elastic SC as Leeds & Saints 😜😜
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

I don't see why that should count on Wires cap. She's not playing for the mens team so it makes no sense to include her salary on the mens teams cap.

It would also reduce incentive for clubs to run womens teams as it would reduce the amount they could pay in salary to the mens team. Surely it would be better to give them their own cap?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Woody1989 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 am I don't see why that should count on Wires cap. She's not playing for the mens team so it makes no sense to include her salary on the mens teams cap.

It would also reduce incentive for clubs to run womens teams as it would reduce the amount they could pay in salary to the mens team. Surely it would be better to give them their own cap?
But they & several other SL clubs, us included this season, won't run a Reserve team 😡

That's the biggest problem, although it is 'supposed' to be addressed next season!