Unions Loss - Leagues Gain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Unions Loss - Leagues Gain

Post by the pieman »

Have just read my Sunday paper and have read an article about loss of revenue at Twickers

They have lost around 25% revenue due to poor performances at National level and also due to the poor Lions showing in NZ

Does anyone know if the RL are doing anything to capitalise on the apparent lack of interest in Union at the moment
damien morrissey

Re: Unions Loss - Leagues Gain

Post by damien morrissey »

Dont suppose last nights lottery numbers are in there i need a holiday.(sorry i guess you meant last sun but its a bit slow tonight).I am guessing the loss is vs last year and with this years performances being so poor im not surprised.
What gains we are making i would be interested to find out because am not seeing much.
wiganrldeanh

Re: Unions Loss - Leagues ...

Post by wiganrldeanh »

damien morrissey posted:
Dont suppose last nights lottery numbers are in there i need a holiday.(sorry i guess you meant last sun but its a bit slow tonight).I am guessing the loss is vs last year and with this years performances being so poor im not surprised.
What gains we are making i would be interested to find out because am not seeing much.
i can, i recieved a brochure the other day with ordering forms for the grand final, CC final, all tri-nations games. it was very interesting and very good marketing (but that only depends on who recieved them)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wiganrldeanh posted:
i can, i recieved a brochure the other day with ordering forms for the grand final, CC final, all tri-nations games. it was very interesting and very good marketing (but that only depends on who recieved them)
Anyone that has booked tickets for internation RL games before or those with season tickets that didn't mind having their details put about the RL people.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the pieman posted:
Have just read my Sunday paper and have read an article about loss of revenue at Twickers

They have lost around 25% revenue due to poor performances at National level and also due to the poor Lions showing in NZ

Does anyone know if the RL are doing anything to capitalise on the apparent lack of interest in Union at the moment
do they ever do anything sack the lot scrap the illegal sallary cap then we may get some where :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the pieman posted:
What would you suggest Pieman, or anyone else for that matter?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
the pieman posted:
What would you suggest Pieman, or anyone else for that matter?
Some kind of advertising based on the fact the Kiwis whooped the Rah-Rahs in Yawnion and the Aussies are going to do the same to our cricketers this summer - the Tri Nations is the chance to get revenge against both countries at the same time!

Just as long as they don't involve Alistair Campbell in the PR campaign...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
Some kind of advertising based on the fact the Kiwis whooped the Rah-Rahs in Yawnion and the Aussies are going to do the same to our cricketers this summer - the Tri Nations is the chance to get revenge against both countries at the same time!

Could backfire though eh if we see a repeat of the Tri-Nations final of 2004!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Fraggle posted:

Could backfire though eh if we see a repeat of the Tri-Nations final of 2004!
But if we were honest about these things, then just about every international sporting event in the UK would have to be advertised as "come and watch England / GB / whatever get annihiliated again"!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]