Re: released players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Very poor editing indeed Pedro as I haven't really a clue what you're on about. I do believe Brown's a tryer (he's only 12 1/2 stone) but I'm not sure how you got the impression that I rated him. I'm surprised that he's being retained and I think he's got one season to make a massive improvement and I'm not holding my breath. I agree with you about Aspinwall and he's been getting a game for us for at least 2 years longer than he should have. He's no Dean Bell is he?
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

cheers rob some one has backed my views up at last and pie eaters has been to every game with me we are quite the fans this season. and we know talent when we see it. if he has been picked for try nations i think he has obviously impressed our gb coach mr brian noble
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Despite -pyscho-, bad guy and pie eaters
"confrontational" style on other threads...

I agree with -psycho- about Brown. He clearly has potential, but is suffering from inconsistency. This hasn't been helped by the collapse of the rest of the side this year - who can say that any of our player has had a better season than last season (possibly Tickle).

I am against the tendency of most users of this site to jump to conclusions about the future of certain players. Players like Aspinwall have had an opportunity as first team regulars - and haven't performed - so let them go. However, Brown dhasn't had a chance to develop in a settled team environment, and so deserves another year to show thae improvement that everyone wants. My only doubts about him came when the rumours that he was holding out for better contract from the club earlier this season - that made me question his desire to make it to the top with the Warriors.

Also, I think Allen may be one of the best players to come out of Wigan's academy - we will only see it in 2-3 years time. I bet almost no-one agrees with that!

We should keep as many of our youngsters with potential as possible (within the salary-cap), and not go getting rid of them when their early years aren't outstanding. Does anyone remember Faz and Rads breaking into the first team? They hardly set the world on fire - they were consistent and didn't make many mistakes, but they had the advantage of being protected by a team full of world-class performers. Our current youngsters have at times been an U21s team playing in SL - totally exposed.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

waw there is light at the end of the tunnel.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i agree completely with you pie eater. he isnt world class but if he works with the team and the coach i can see him being a superb stand off in years to come. i think he will learn from the experience in the team

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Kevin Brown will be outstanding, have none of you heard of second season syndrome?????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Lets get back to the heading, players I would want to see go,

Carney, Thank god he is going and we are replacing him with a winger,
Aspinwall, good nay top notch defender, no go forward, replace with Kirk Yeaman,
Vaelaeki, PLEASE, replace with anybody,
Orr, I said at the beginning that this was a mistake, Maurice in a p*ss*ng contest with Hull, we lost, replace with Brown,
Moran, never Wigan quality, replace with Jeffries, Wakey can then use Obst as first choice,
Seu Seu jimmy, more likely to break wind than a tackle, simply too lightweight at prop in the modern game, replace with Adrian Morley.
Botham, not good enough for Leeds should mean he is not good enough for Wigan,
Guissett, signed already by Les Catalans,
Bryan Fletcher, too old now, should have signed him 5 years ago,
Wild, never fully recovered his early promise after missing a complete season, not fast enough for centre, heart not big enough for 2nd row.

That should be enough to get the web pot boiling.

Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

vaealiki replace with anyone you have lost it. you would complain if we replaced him with some retard from a different team he is a hard worker and a good center. that wasnt to pie eater by the way

El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Im absolutely amazed anyone could think Brown has the potential to be world class or anywhere near it. Must be related to him or hismate or something. What attribute in his game could be world class? Only his attitude maybe. His passing is poor, he doesnt have exceptional pace, hes too small and lightweight, his step is predictable, he cant kick, he doenst send people back in the tackle, he makes big mistakes during games, usually at least one per match. I could be nicey nice about it be lets be honest here hes has a bit of talent but if he played for GB the Aussies would be p**sin themselves laughin
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

right he must have potential like pie eater said....he has been picked.....so erm one of best coaches in super league notices the talent there. do you wanna put the shirt on and get on pitch. no. didnt think so