Re: released players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

- psycho - posted:
vaealiki replace with anyone? you would complain if we replaced him with some retard from a different team he is a hard worker
Psycho

Your pills must be one of these false pills we heard about in the press last week. A hard worker, you are deluded lad, he is a lazy b*gg*r, he simply does not work at all in the defensive line and as for breaking the line, see my comment on Seu Jimmy and wind. :angry:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

no listen your simple. right he has been picked in that try nations squad for the time being doesnt that get through your thick head and tell you that he has done right.its down to brian noble. and do you know what. i trust his decision because hes gonna be the coach of GB at the end of the year.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Whats the problem with you three are you on steroids or something because your attitude is cack. If someone doesnt agree with you then try and be mature enough to reason your point of view across WITHOUT resorting to insults.
I have read some of your posts on previous threads and find them to be childish,immature and frankly not worth replying to.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

no listen your simple. right he has been picked in that try nations squad for the time being doesnt that get through your thick head and tell you that he has done right.its down to brian noble. and do you know what. i trust his decision because hes gonna be the coach of GB at the end of the y

- Psycho tell me this, are you related or a friend of Kevin Brown? why would you get so upset about it if you werent?? Brian Noble is a good coach, but he does tend to make grave errors. Karl Pratt the perfect example. Loses a game on his own for GB and noble decides to sign him. Maybe a nice gesture to save the lads career, but Pratt makes mistakes like Brown does.
I am currently living in Australia and watching a lot of NRL games at the moment. Looking at the youngsters coming through, they all invariably have a few of the raw materials to make a great player. Tell me what raw materials Brown has to make a great player? compare him to Danny Maguire for example, now theirs a young guy with attributes. Someone mentioned Rob Burrow - he has a style of his own, is quick off the mark and an individual talent - brown doesnt demonstrate anything to suggest hes got somethin in his game to be world class -
Now maybe you can have the maturity to respond with a mail that uses some logic and reason as opposed to insults- ...and no im not gona put on a shirt and start playing myself....but that doesnt take away my right to point out my views
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

firstly "el rifle" brown is not as good as danny mcguire or burrows but did i say he was no all i said was i think he will become a good player. i didn't say anything about him being as good or better than mcguire and burrows. secondly he does have attributes to his game he can play in more than one place if needed but stand off is his main position. he is quite fast and is a good tackler. brian noble has made mistakes but i don't think kevin brown is or he wouldn't have been given a new contract if millward saw nothing in him. thats 2 coaches i trust. and no amazingly we are not related.

stevocod

Post by stevocod »

ian.birchall posted:
Vaelaeki, PLEASE, replace with anybody,
I think you have a short memory Ian, Vaealiki(noticed people spell his name well on this board!!! :D), has set up most of Dallas's tries this season with his strength and offloading ability in tight touchline areas, which is alot better than any other player in the team, including the props.

Hoping Iefata Palea'aesina will give us something similar to Vaealiki in offloading ability with a go 4ward of an O'Connor/Smith. His speed seems impressive on the NRL games I've seen the NZ Warriors.

With this kind of go 4ward, it will give Brown the opportunity to have more space to develop as a stand off, passing or running, like Leeds's 4wards give Mcguire/Burrow.

As for saying Brown hasn't improved, I agree, but has he played for a consistent period of time in the position of stand off, NO I don't think so Ian. He has played full back, centre and scrum half to accomadate Orr, who can hardly be considered better, as he has plenty of experience with Castleford.

If anyone should go it should be Orr, like Aspinwall, Orr is gr8 defensively but absolutely no go 4ward which I'm sure everyone agrees here is our problem. To critise Brown for our problems is harsh, whether he be nineteen or twenty when the teams confidence is down, most people struggle let alone someone so young ttrying desperately to impress.

It's down to the older more experienced players in these difficult times to stand up like Faz, and put an arm round a player, and tell them they believe in them.

Everyone should remember this is a team game and having a go at one player is not the way (especially one so young, 19/20 years old) if we lose, it's because the team didn't play. I however think we need a quality half back 4 next season or hopefully this season if we can!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

that is one of the best posts ive ever seen. i agree with you we shouldn't be blaming brown for our problems this season. finally someone has backed me up. thankyou stevocod.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
that is one of the best posts ive ever seen.
Not difficult, since you only joined the forum last Friday!
i agree with you we shouldn't be blaming brown for our problems this season. finally someone has backed me up. thankyou stevocod.
I don't think most people are blaming Brown single-handedly for this season's problems, but merely saying that he's yet another player that has underperformed this season. He's had the chance to play in a number of positions and hasn't shone in any of those positions; indeed some of the younger players have put in better shows in those positions than he did despite having more 1st team experience. But he's also had his good games and he's no more to blame than our halfbacks, or Wild and Aspy, or Farrell, Betts, or Nigel Ashley-Jones, or ML, or any of a number of other people who been involved in this disasterous season.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i think the reason he has underperformed is because of lack of first team action and the positions he has been covering such as loose forward center and fullback are not his positions. he is a stand off despite doing a good job of full back in kris' absence

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
i think the reason he has underperformed is because of lack of first team action and the positions he has been covering such as loose forward center and fullback are not his positions. he is a stand off despite doing a good job of full back in kris' absence
Beg to differ. He has had (according to Bilko's excellent www.cherryandwhite.co.uk site) 17 starts plus 4 sub appearances this season, which means he's one of the more regular performers - he's played more this season than in the last 2 so he's hardly short of first team action! Ok, so he's been shuffled around the park but in the first team he's hardly ever played his so-called preferred position and has more experience at centre at SL level than any of the other positions. He was no better at full-back than any of the other stand-ins this year (only Gleason looked decent covering for Rads IMO) and no-one at all has looked good at LF since Lockers got injured.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]