Today's team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors01

Re: Today's team

Post by warriors01 »

Yep Farrell as well look at the number of games he has missed in the last 2 years all down to playing above his weight. 100% trier but not big enough. the modern game is built on size and power. Farrell lacks both.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

warriors01 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm Yep Farrell as well look at the number of games he has missed in the last 2 years all down to playing above his weight. 100% trier but not big enough. the modern game is built on size and power. Farrell lacks both.
I will have to disagree, Farrells ability to break the line with his running was key to our attack under wane.

So far lam has only played him the wrong side.

And Bateman? He isn't big, whiteheads rather lean?

Farrell has had a some big injuries but if he can get past them, he isnt old and is a hell of a player
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Both Bateman and Whitehead can break tackles but Farrell does not have the same ability, hence that's why he picks up the bad injuries. He didn't even make the starting 13 for the Grand Final, and certainly would not get into any starting team in the NRL and that's what we should be looking for in a Wigan player. But we all have our favourites. I just think we could do better. But we could certainly do with him at the moment as we need to replace Isa asap and looks like Greenwood maybe missing next week
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

warriors01 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm Both Bateman and Whitehead can break tackles but Farrell does not have the same ability, hence that's why he picks up the bad injuries. He didn't even make the starting 13 for the Grand Final, and certainly would not get into any starting team in the NRL and that's what we should be looking for in a Wigan player. But we all have our favourites. I just think we could do better. But we could certainly do with him at the moment as we need to replace Isa asap and looks like Greenwood maybe missing next week
I dont think your thinking of farrell he has broken many a tackle. We can't expect NRL quality player in every position and Farrell is a extremely good second row player, he has had a couple of injury hit seasons thats all.

If Farrell and Greenwood is our second row im happy, we need a NRL quality 9 a 6 a 7 and for me a different style 1 (escare instead of hardaker - who id move to centre)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.