The Truth No Excuses

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: The Truth No Excuses

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 am
Mickw wrote:Thing is the laziest, cheapest easiest thing to do is give him another year and I wouldn't put it past our so called leaders to do it .
I have no confidence what so ever in lenegan and rads doing what needs to be done to sort this mess out .
Me either. Compared to Mo Lindsay they have no idea how to recruit or how to manage a squad. Under him Lockers and TL would be fond memories having been replaced before they got past it.

Under ML the way the club worked was constantly seeking to improve every position. So for example the club signed Andy Gregory who replaced Mick Ford. If IL had been in charge then we’d have never signed Gregory even though we could afford it.

There is a misplaced sense of loyalty at the club that means hard working but average players are not moved on when contracts are up. They are likely to get a new deal instead. There is no ruthless pursuit of the best players anymore.

I know we live in a salary cap word but we don’t seem to even try and take easy options like extending average players contracts. IL and Rads need to up their game considerably.
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

From what's coming out of club nothing going to change in near future. Rumour is there's a big shake up on horizon. That's all it is purely speculation. Neither IL or KR have the planning stomach or the balls for it . never thought I would say this but last week was the last away game for me till clear out and last season ticket if not done at seasons end. There has to be a line drawn somewhere and after 55 years of watching Wigan that line has been drawn. Never seen club run so disfunctionally in all that time the place is a shambles from top to bottom.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 pm From what's coming out of club nothing going to change in near future. Rumour is there's a big shake up on horizon. That's all it is purely speculation. Neither IL or KR have the planning stomach or the balls for it . never thought I would say this but last week was the last away game for me till clear out and last season ticket if not done at seasons end. There has to be a line drawn somewhere and after 55 years of watching Wigan that line has been drawn. Never seen club run so disfunctionally in all that time the place is a shambles from top to bottom.
Could not agree more
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I disagree.

Yup sticking my head up to get shot at here but doesn’t the plan remain the same as we started the season, just being adapted now Shaun Edwards isn’t coming? (contradicting myself but bear with me)

I believed at the beginning of the season we would end up mid table - players going and not being replaced but with the squad being fully assessed or tested prior to Edwards arrival and then a clear out at the end of the season with some fresh players for next year...

Yup it’s painful to watch at the moment and hurts like hell but what’s changed?

Just Edwards isn’t coming but whoever the coach is next season then judge IFL & rads on what happens for next year is my view.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Gerrumonside wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 pm I disagree.

Yup sticking my head up to get shot at here but doesn’t the plan remain the same as we started the season, just being adapted now Shaun Edwards isn’t coming? (contradicting myself but bear with me)

I believed at the beginning of the season we would end up mid table - players going and not being replaced but with the squad being fully assessed or tested prior to Edwards arrival and then a clear out at the end of the season with some fresh players for next year...

Yup it’s painful to watch at the moment and hurts like hell but what’s changed?

Just Edwards isn’t coming but whoever the coach is next season then judge IFL & rads on what happens for next year is my view.
Nope. This is not a (readjusted) plan because the squad should not have been allowed to get into this state in the first place. A new coach should inherit a squad at a club like Wigan that isn't obviously in need of serious revision and that includes Lam regardless of the fact Edwards was supposed to come next year.

You are suggesting the squad was deliberately left in this state so (presumably) several players could be signed for next year when as we know picking up good players is not easy. Trying to find several is going to be hard. So the club should have been doing it steadily as and when they became available and our players should have been reassessed when their contracts were up. Which is exactly how it was done under ML. Evolution not revolution.

The squad would not have been allowed to get into this state under ML. We have been going on about Lockers replacement for at least four years and his capabilities didn't fall of a cliff last week but there has been a steady decline. Players like Sam Powell would not have been given new deals. Sarge would not have been a panic buy and so on.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 pm From what's coming out of club nothing going to change in near future. Rumour is there's a big shake up on horizon. That's all it is purely speculation. Neither IL or KR have the planning stomach or the balls for it .
so your quoting speculation with your own speculation?

although after last week i have also considered if i want to renew for next year but i will wait until i see what happening.

if its more loss of players with no replacement then i am fully of the mind that i shouldn't be supporting the club finically as they are not repaying my investment. i can then pick games i want to go to and go watch some salford matches as they do need my support :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.