Re: Stephen Wild

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chris_wild182

Post by chris_wild182 »

damien morrissey posted:
Chris i am not trying to be sarcy or anything but you have admitted what we are all saying is true he has lost a lot of pace as he has bulked up this is why he wont start next season barring injuries and why he wont get into a GB team.It is possible to be bigger than he was and still quick but he hasnt managed it.Hence the dip in form and our concerns over him being a first choice centre rather than a cover player. I have nothin against Steve but it is about getting the best side possible.
yer mate but a don't see where your getting he's not been making tackles because evrytime i'v watched this season he as been putting in some big hard tackles!! (not so much in second row!!!)
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

For the sake of the club we all do but i find it unlikely unless he gets some pace back, with the exception of a few games his effort has been visible
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

chris_wild182 posted:
i can't believe how much our views differ although it has made me think stephen only gets noticed when he makes a mistake and not when he has played well!!!! this season no1 as played well at all!!! and when you are being moved to three different positions IN ONE GAME it can be quite drainig!!! i'm confidant stephen will be kept on as centre and i really do hope he proves you all wrong!!!
He isn't the only one who is shipped around. On the pitch players are changing positions all the time, it confuses the opposition and can make go forward better, bringing players in and sending players out. Nobody ha splayed well? Dallas, tickle, godwin and newton have. A lot of players are underperforming this season, wild is only one of them. He does make good breaks, he cant finish them though. He isnt only noticed for the bad things he does but at the moment hes hardly doing anyting memorable in a good way.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
chris_wild182

Post by chris_wild182 »

but melling and colbon play a few good games (which they have) and they should replace him??? CHRIS ASHTON???? JOEL THOMPKINS??? don't think so!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

chris_wild182 posted:
damien morrissey posted:
Chris i am not trying to be sarcy or anything but you have admitted what we are all saying is true he has lost a lot of pace as he has bulked up this is why he wont start next season barring injuries and why he wont get into a GB team.It is possible to be bigger than he was and still quick but he hasnt managed it.Hence the dip in form and our concerns over him being a first choice centre rather than a cover player. I have nothin against Steve but it is about getting the best side possible.
yer mate but a don't see where your getting he's not been making tackles because evrytime i'v watched this season he as been putting in some big hard tackles!! (not so much in second row!!!)
Do you know which player Wild is? He hasnt put in a decent tackle all season! As for his attacking if he run half his weight it would improve him 100%. No heart or commitment!!

He'll be lucky to be in Div 1 next year :angry:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

chris_wild182 posted:
but melling and colbon play a few good games (which they have) and they should replace him??? CHRIS ASHTON???? JOEL THOMPKINS??? don't think so!!!!
Melling, Ashton and Colbon ARE backs, they have played there as long as they have been playing rugby. Wild has played in the second row. Would you like to see a prop on the wing or a full back at prop? I don't think so, let players play in their right positions and at Wigan there isn't room for wild as there are more talented players and this is why he's been forced to the centres. Nobody mentioned tomkins, but since you have, yes tomkins is looking better than him, hes younger and puts loads more effort in. Wild looks lazy, lethargic and like he doesnt want to be on the pitch. I'd rather have a youngster who gives 110% than Wild who tries when he feels like it; which isnt often.
pedro

Post by pedro »

mrs_carney posted:
chris_wild182 posted:
Melling, Ashton and Colbon ARE backs, they have played there as long as they have been playing rugby. Wild has played in the second row. Would you like to see a prop on the wing or a full back at prop? I don't think so, let players play in their right positions and at Wigan there isn't room for wild as there are more talented players and this is why he's been forced to the centres. Nobody mentioned tomkins, but since you have, yes tomkins is looking better than him, hes younger and puts loads more effort in. Wild looks lazy, lethargic and like he doesnt want to be on the pitch. I'd rather have a youngster who gives 110% than Wild who tries when he feels like it; which isnt often.
Nice MrsC very true
chris_wild182

Post by chris_wild182 »

pedro posted:
chris_wild182 posted:
damien morrissey posted:
Do you know which player Wild is? He hasnt put in a decent tackle all season! As for his attacking if he run half his weight it would improve him 100%. No heart or commitment!!

NO HEART OR COMMITMENT the only player who is guilty for that this season is carney!!! (injuries not helping of coarse) ONE thing stephen plays with is his heart!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I'd like to see Wild play with his heart. He seems to leave it in the dressing room with his enthusiasm. What you say about carney is true and on a different thread i've said, carneys too big for his boots and his heads in australia.
pedro

Post by pedro »

chris_wild182 posted:
pedro posted:
chris_wild182 posted: yer mate but a don't see where your getting he's not been making tackles because evrytime i'v watched this season he as been putting in some big hard tackles!! (not so much in second row!!!)

NO HEART OR COMMITMENT the only player who is guilty for that this season is carney!!! (injuries not helping of coarse) ONE thing stephen plays with is his heart!!!
Give over dont make me laugh. The way hes playing this year i'dve bounced him in the U10's :lol: :lol: