So... will we beat Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woody1989

Re: So... will we beat Warrington?

Post by Woody1989 »

We had a bad performance last week but the week before we showed that we can match Wire on our day. They've lost Ratchford which will be a huge miss for them. If Sammut can replicate his performances against Catalans and Cas (before he left the field) then that could make the difference.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Woody1989 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am
East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 am

I can't see that. All I see is IFL cut costs last year, Wane resigned because he knew we were losing quality players and backroom staff. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
We lost Sam Tomkins, replaced with Hardaker, Bateman replaced with Greenwood and Sutton replaced with Bullock.
Bitcom went to Man City, we couldn't compete salary wise, Matty Peet went to Sale but has since returned, so the overall changes haven't been that big.
Wane left, which many on here wanted.
Bateman was never replaced. Greenwood was meant to replace him but in reality ended up replacing Joel Tomkins after the whole 'rectum of Wigan' incident.
So Greenwood did replace bateman and we didn't replace Joel.... many fans on here didn't rate Joel so that should be fine
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am

We lost Sam Tomkins, replaced with Hardaker, Bateman replaced with Greenwood and Sutton replaced with Bullock.
Bitcom went to Man City, we couldn't compete salary wise, Matty Peet went to Sale but has since returned, so the overall changes haven't been that big.
Wane left, which many on here wanted.
Bateman was never replaced. Greenwood was meant to replace him but in reality ended up replacing Joel Tomkins after the whole 'rectum of Wigan' incident.
So Greenwood did replace bateman and we didn't replace Joel.... many fans on here didn't rate Joel so that should be fine
Fine!

So where or on whom was the Bateman transfer fee spent on?

Where did Joel's wages go? Considering he re-signed for less than he was on from Saracens, he was still considered a "senior" player so would not have been on peanuts or are you suggesting that?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Back to thread

I have a sneaky feeling we will be lifting the Locker Cup
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Depends which wigan turn up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If we win on Saturday, I will run naked down Kings Street. We would need to play well, and have played well for, maybe, 4 halves of 17 games. It wasn’t simply the disorganisation and lack of any structure last week, we gave up under the slightest pressure. Tbh, I wouldn’t even bank on them showing much appetite for the fight.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Yes we will win ,based on absolutely nothing at all.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ive just got a sneaky feeling we just might
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 pm If we win on Saturday, I will run naked down Kings Street. We would need to play well, and have played well for, maybe, 4 halves of 17 games. It wasn’t simply the disorganisation and lack of any structure last week, we gave up under the slightest pressure. Tbh, I wouldn’t even bank on them showing much appetite for the fight.
And I thought I was the negative one on this site :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 pm If we win on Saturday, I will run naked down Kings Street. We would need to play well, and have played well for, maybe, 4 halves of 17 games. It wasn’t simply the disorganisation and lack of any structure last week, we gave up under the slightest pressure. Tbh, I wouldn’t even bank on them showing much appetite for the fight.
What time?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards