Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Team

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am Do wigan not train to
Last longer? They have done in the past..... its a marathon not a sprint...... just look at last season when saints tired big time....... be very very interesting to see how things panout as the season comes to an end
Normally i would agree but in those instances we had one of the most highly regarded fitness coaches in UK sport - so you assume yes he had a plan

we now have an ex player who did it for the under 19's - so its hard to see that this is some for of masterplan

Of course Zak is going to say they are fit, if anything that makes me feel like they know they arent fit. Its like the pre season which is always the hardest preseason ever.

For me the biggest issue at Wigan is Rads, he needs to go, whichever way you cut it things come back to him. He is in charge of recruitment and retention both have been abysmal. Whatever you think of Edwards the clubs amateurish management allowed the situation to happen easily for Edwards - if he had a contract it would of been a lot harder for him to go back on that. Constant jobs for the boys is watering down the talent in the club.

For me the backroom/management needs as big an overhaul as your playing team.
thats why i stated it will be interesting when the season gets to the important part....... im gonna be very disappointed if we seem tired , especially after all the injured players return
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Normally i would agree but in those instances we had one of the most highly regarded fitness coaches in UK sport - so you assume yes he had a plan

we now have an ex player who did it for the under 19's - so its hard to see that this is some for of masterplan

Of course Zak is going to say they are fit, if anything that makes me feel like they know they aren't fit. Its like the pre season which is always the hardest preseason ever.

For me the biggest issue at Wigan is Rads, he needs to go, whichever way you cut it things come back to him. He is in charge of recruitment and retention both have been abysmal. Whatever you think of Edwards the clubs amateurish management allowed the situation to happen easily for Edwards - if he had a contract it would of been a lot harder for him to go back on that. Constant jobs for the boys is watering down the talent in the club.

Yup. Exactly that.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am Do wigan not train to
Last longer? They have done in the past..... its a marathon not a sprint...... just look at last season when saints tired big time....... be very very interesting to see how things panout as the season comes to an end

thats why i stated it will be interesting when the season gets to the important part....... im gonna be very disappointed if we seem tired , especially after all the injured players return
Not trying to start a whole Edwards debate but it takes 2 seconds and google to find out Verbal contracts/agreement are legally binding in the UK.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am

Not trying to start a whole Edwards debate but it takes 2 seconds and google to find out Verbal contracts/agreement are legally binding in the UK.
But I’d say,and this is just my opinion,in sport it’s always better to get something written down if possible,even then it’s about as useful as a chocolate teapot
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am

Only someone completely niave would rely on a verbal agreement. Might be binding but you try proving it - Edwards may say that things were promised to him during that agreement that were then reneged on which again is incredibly difficult to prove

there is absolutely no excuse for not having a formal contract in place none at all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Lets be honest here, he looked at the team and the squad he was inheriting and thought my whole reputation could be put at stake with this lot . End of story
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Edwards pissed us all off but you can understand his reasonings as this “season” Trudges on from shambles to another
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Rads and IL are to blame for the edwards situation full stop. Im not saying edwards wouldnt of still tried to get out the deal but they opened the door for him to walk through.

Also what has happened since then? usual nothing! Hull KR got rid of sheens and they are talking about naming his replacement as early as sunday - how can we hope to attract top players if they dont know who they are even going to be coached by?!

the whole club is run like a joke
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 am Lets be honest here, he looked at the team and the squad he was inheriting and thought my whole reputation could be put at stake with this lot . End of story
Bit ironic really as he's done more damage to his reputation than he would have done failing with the club that made him a legend, Legend status lost now in many folks eyes
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:25 am
ddtftf wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 am Lets be honest here, he looked at the team and the squad he was inheriting and thought my whole reputation could be put at stake with this lot . End of story
Bit ironic really as he's done more damage to his reputation than he would have done failing with the club that made him a legend, Legend status lost now in many folks eyes
really? you think RU are bothered about him turning his abck on WIgan?